I am just so thankful today...
We have had two days of sun.
The garden is drying and, Lord willing,
we will plant potatoes this weekend.
This morning while walking
I found a rare and beautiful site...
A whole clump of
Wild pink lady slippers...
Wild pink lady slippers...
They are such delicate flowers...
And only grow when conditions
are exactly right...
In fact,
If the plant's blossom does is not
permitted to cycle through,
permitted to cycle through,
it will not regenerate;
so it is best not to pick
these lovely wildflowers.
The flowers can lay dormant
for many years...
And then suddenly seem
to appear...
Where they never have before.
Much of our land is wooded...
So each year we usually
see one or two
scattered here and there...
What a treat to stumble
across a dozen or more
"Gifts from God"
are also known as
"Moccasin Flowers"
for they look like tiny
pink ballet slippers
or moccasins.
Seeing so many together
Seeing so many together
reminded me of the
scripture verse about
"beautiful feet."
scripture verse about
"beautiful feet."
"And how shall they preach,
except they be sent? as it is written,
How beautiful are the feet
of them that preach
the gospel of peace,
and bring glad tidings of good things!"
Romans 10:15
Recently, our family
has been searching God's Word
for instruction on being
"good witnesses"
of the Gospel.
As the sight of these
lovely flowers
blessed me this morning...
Recently, our family
has been searching God's Word
for instruction on being
"good witnesses"
of the Gospel.
As the sight of these
lovely flowers
blessed me this morning...
I was reminded of
what we had learned
thus far...
How living our lives
in a way that is pleasing to the Lord..
Is a wonderful way to be
a physical example of
the gospel of Jesus.
And that as others see us
"walk about" in our daily lives
we are sharing the
"Good News..."
But, just as these
in the "proper soil..."
We can only be effective
what we had learned
thus far...
How living our lives
in a way that is pleasing to the Lord..
Is a wonderful way to be
a physical example of
the gospel of Jesus.
And that as others see us
"walk about" in our daily lives
we are sharing the
"Good News..."
But, just as these
lady slippers
will only growin the "proper soil..."
We can only be effective
for the Lord
if we are "growing daily"
in His Word.
And that,
Just as a lady slipper
can lay dormant for many years...
A kind word or deed
that we may do for a neighbor...
Might seem to go unnoticed...
But may just be the "blossom"
that brings that person to the Lord.
It is my daily prayer
That I may have
"And your feet shod with
the preparation of the gospel of peace;"
Ephesians 6:15
Dear Laura...such beauty that you have shared! You are such a wonderful blessing by all that you share here in your "little space"...such a good witness that you are! Simple Blessings ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteDear Teri,
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet comment...and what a special friend you are...always so encouraging. I look forward to your comments...they always brighten my day.
Sweet blessings to you, my friend,
Laura
Have a good week...hope you get your potatoes planted. Trish
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize you could plant potatoes at this time where you are.
ReplyDelete:-)
I think I will always remember these thoughts every time I see a Moccasin Flower. :-)
Thank you,
Blessings,
Anne
Good Morning Trish!
ReplyDeleteWe are bound and determined to get those taters in the ground this weekend! This morning is another sunny one...so things are looking up!
Have a great weekend!
Laura
Good Morning Anne!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet surprise to find a comment from you! We usually have our potatoes planted by mid May...but we have had so much rain that the garden was completely saturated. Since we get a lovely "Indian summer" in the fall...we can still plant now...it will just be a later harvest.
So nice to hear from you...have a blessed weekend!
Laura
Hi, Laura~
ReplyDeleteThose are such pretty wildflowers. I didn't realize how delicate they were.
I agree with Teri. Your blog is a beautiful witness. I'm glad to have found you, my friend.
I think it's wonderful that we have a place where we can freely share Christ with others...people we wouldn't likely meet in person.
Hope you can get your potatoes planted this weekend.
Happy Father's Day to your husband!
Dear Melanie,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your sweet comment...you are so much like Teri...always encouraging and lifting up others. I feel blessed to have found you both.
We are getting a little shower right now...but I am praying for sun tomorrow as we really need to get things "in the ground" before too long! It should prove to be a busy day around here!
Hope you all have a super "Father's Day" weekend!
Sweet blessings,
Laura
Thank you for the comment on my blog, Laura! I've been perusing your entries and I wanted to tell you what an encouragement it is to read each post, because you continually take daily events and things and turn them into life lessons that reflect the gospel and biblical principles! It is a great blessing!
ReplyDeleteDear Miss Amanda,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by for a visit and for your sweet comment. I'm so glad to have found a fellow "maniac!" It was fun to look through your blog and see familiar places (Perry's Nut House, the bridge, the Oxford fair). I will stop by again very soon!
Hope that you and your family have a blessed day,
Mrs. Laura
Loved this post. It must have been so neat to see them! I can only imagine it. Loved your thoughts as always. Such a high calling we have to be the seed of the gospel to others. :o)
ReplyDelete