Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Just About "Purrrrrr-fect!"

We sure do miss this little guy...

 

He was a great mouser...

Which is always important
on a small farm...

But, now...


 We have two new additions...

Who...


Despite their small size
Seem to be more than capable...

"What are they doing here, anyhow???"

Of taking on the important role
Of  being a barn cat...

"Who do they think they are?"

After all,
They are already chasing away...

"Look who's ruling the roost now, bucko!"

 Those at least 5 times
as big as they are!

I'd say...
That makes them...
 Just about "purrrrrr-fect"
for the job...

Wouldn't you?

"Which way did that big guy go?"
 You see,
The Lord has created us all...
To be "perfect" in some way...

As He tells us in Matthew 5:48...

"Be ye therefore perfect, 
even as your Father which 
is in heaven is perfect."
  
The Lord has placed before us a goal...
Something we need to be
striving for in our daily walk.

That goal is to become
complete in Christ...
To "mature" or become "perfect" in Him.

God's standard for us
has always been perfect holiness.

Pursuing this standard of perfection
does not mean that we will never fail...

What it does mean is that our lives
should reveal growth
in grace...
and righteousness...
and holiness... 


 "Having therefore these promises,
dearly beloved,
let us cleanse ourselves
from all filthiness
of the flesh and spirit, 
perfecting holiness in the fear of God." 
2 Corinthians 7:1

4 comments:

  1. I was just thinking this morning how grateful I am for the companionship of my two little kitties. While they do a good job of lounging around my apartment and are quite accomplished in the fine art of doing absolutely nothing for hours on end, I fear they would be rather useless as barn cats.

    Your two little kitties look more than equal to the task! It will be fun to see them grow up and really ake ownership of the barn.

    Hope you are doing well and pray your week will be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Laura~

    I'm sorry to hear about your little guy. I had a cat like that too when I was growing up. One day he just never came back home. I always wondered what happened to him.

    Your new kittens are so cute! I'm sure they'll be great mousers. You can tell they're already on the lookout. Our cat, Precious, is a great mouser. She also gets the moles that tunnel through the yard. :)

    Yes, as Christians, we need to be striving for perfection. Of course we will never reach it this side of Heaven, but we should be growing and maturing every day.

    Hope you're having a great week.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Miss Linda,

    Your cats are so beautiful! I'm sure that they are wonderful companions for you. We already have grown quite fond of these two little "rascals"! They definitely think that the barn is theirs...and theirs alone! It is quite comical to see them go right up to our rooster...and to see him "back off!" Animals are always so much fun to watch.

    I pray that you are having a wonderful week at work. I'm sure it must be hot where you are!

    God bless,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Melanie,

    Yes, we still miss our cat dearly. We keep wondering if he might just "show up" one day. Once, many years ago, one of our cats disappeared...and was gone all winter. He reappeared in the spring...he had gone home with a "summer person" who didn't know he belonged to us! We were so glad to see him.

    I keep searching each day in my life for ways that I can "mature" in Christ. Lately, I've made it a focus to try and "catch" myself before I become involved in conversations that involve discussing someone else...or their business...even if it is a good way. This has given me much more time to reflect on my own life...and how I am serving Him daily.

    Hope you're having a great first week of vacation!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...