Another beautiful sunny morning...
Praise God!
After weeks of unsettling weather...
I must admit that some of
my garden got a bit neglected...
This Saturday I ventured out to
the strawberry boxes to
examine their progress and
check for weeds...
Much to my surprise...
In addition to the
unwanted guests (weeds!)
I found this...
Lettuce growing!
And not just one plant
but quite a few!
As I weeded...
I tried to imagine how
they happened to be growing
in my little strawberry bed.
Perhaps the straw I had mulched
with contain lettuce seeds...
Perhaps the birds...
or the wind...
And I got to thinking...
Sometimes there are things in our lives
Not necessarily "bad"things, mind you,
Sometimes very good things...
Like lettuce...
That are just "out of place"
If there are things...
No matter how good they might seem...
that are taking our precious time away
from our families...
or our Lord...
Perhaps it is time for us
to "remove" them
and put them "in their place..."
Just a thought...
On this sunny morn'
"To every thing there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"
Ecclesiastes 3:1
Please don't forget my give-away!
Leave a comment on today's blog
about a time when you've seen
something "out of place..."
it will count as another entry!






I used the SAME verse in my blog post today!!! Brilliant minds think alike, right? :)
ReplyDeleteMy "Out of Place" story is that I planted a bleeding heart on one side of a garden and it came up the next year on the other side in the middle of another bush and has continued to do so!
We are called to plant and at times, to pluck up! :)
Have a great day. I love your pics. :)
Laura,
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that God sent you some surprise lettus.. You know,it amazes me of the little things ,he does for us..So many..we completely ignore.. But..i love the nice little surprise....like a few lettus plants that I hope will one day supply a nice little salad for your family..
I think we all forget to take the time to enjoy our families that God gave us. Our children are with us..for such a short time.. I wish..we could SLOW down and enjoy God's beautiful gifts.[husbands, wifes, children and yes....letttus too.]
Really enjoy your blog. May God continue to bless each of you. Judy
I love how your thoughts turned from 'earthly' things to 'heavenly' things. I think working on vegetables, watching them grow, weeding, standing in awe at the wonder of the whole creation.... it just turns our minds and our hearts to the Creator of it all! When I think on it all, and see it, I cannot but think, like David in Psalm 8, 'What is man, that thou art so mindful of him?'. What a Creator! What a Saviour!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice post! You always have such christian and meaningful posts. The same thing happened to me. I have yellow and pink daisies but could never get any white ones to grow. I tried shasta and other types but they would die the next year. I just gave up. One day I was weeding in my daylillies and underneath one was the most beautiful clump of WHITE DAISIES!!! I couldn't believe it. A bird must have left it. We transplanted it and it has been probably 5 years ago or so and it is still going strong. I call it my God-given daisy!
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Dear Karen,
ReplyDeleteI'll have to stop by today and see how you used this verse. Don't you just love this weather!!! I've been in the garden all morning.
"Bleeding Heart" is one of my favorite flowers...and it grows so well in our climate! Mom gave me a slip of one of her's...so pretty!
Perhaps someday we could meet in Portland? We don't get down there too often...but I'd love a chance to get together!
Have a blessed day,
Laura
Dear Judy,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you dropped by...and your words are so true. We do need to slow down and truly appreciate all the blessings that our Lord bestows upon us each and every day. We continue to "cull out" those things that aren't needed in our family...it is a continuous "weeding" process!
Hope you are enjoying a nice, bright, sunny, blessed day. The sea breeze is blowing ever so slightly here...I am convinced this is what Heaven smells like!
Sweet blessings,
Laura
Dear Anne,
ReplyDeleteWhen I am in the garden...working with the soil...and feeling the sea breeze...He is so close. I imagine it is a lot like that where you are. I love looking at your photos...I can just imagine it must be so much like some of our coastal islands. I am forever grateful that He brings us all together...if only through our words and pictures.
Have a blessed day, my friend,
Laura
Dear Kathy,
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful that you found my blog and started commenting...I so enjoy hearing from you. I love your "daisy" story...isn't it amazing how things turn up in the least expected places! I always have to be so careful when I first weed my flower garden in the spring...I usually find something unexpected! We have a bird feeder close by...so I think that may be the reason.
Hope you are having a wonderful day!
Sweet blessings,
Laura
Hi Laura...such a "berry" sweet post! We were on our patio the other day and in our little garden between the iris and the black eyed susans...there was a tiny little flower poking its little head out. It was the most precious little viola (johnny jump up)...which we had not planted there. We had them in a flower pot a few years ago. We have friends who have "little ones" who use to visit in our home often...they loved the "johnny jumpers"...so when they moved out of state...we sent them a package of seeds so that they could enjoy little "johnny jumpers" in their own little garden. Such sweet memories! Simple Blessings ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteDear Teri,
ReplyDeleteOh, I just love those little "johnny-jump ups!" They are such sweet little flowers...we find them growing wild every once in a while in our gardens...I think the birds have something to do with it!
Thanks for sharing your sweet little story...and for stopping by for a visit!
Blessings,
Laura
How fun to find *treasures* in odd places. :o) Sometimes it sure is hard to move things where they belong but it's a more simple once it's all in order. :o)
ReplyDelete