Is your life a "road map"
that will lead others to Christ?
Until Monday...
Sitting in the truck...
At our transfer station
(aka "town dump")
I had just finished
placing our recyclables
in their appropriate containers
when a lady approached me
with something in her hands...
We've exchanged smiles and "hellos"
But before today...
that was about the extent
of our conversation.
of our truck and asked...
"Would you like to have these?"
that she had run into me.
She had been cleaning out
her mother's house
and found these Bible maps...
She was going to just "recycle" them
But when she spotted me...
thought that I might be able to use them.
I was so touched...
But also a bit unnerved...
How did she know this about me?
That I might enjoy these maps?
So often,
we don't realize that others are
constantly watching us...
To see if we are "for real"
I thought about the times
when, perhaps,
my "Road Map to Christ"
may have appeared a bit
"rocky"... so to speak...
Times when I'd been in too
much of a hurry
to stop and help someone...
Or when I'd offered
just a "quick response"
to someone who really needed
me to listen to them...
So often,
we don't realize that others are
constantly watching us...
To see if we are "for real"
I thought about the times
when, perhaps,
my "Road Map to Christ"
may have appeared a bit
"rocky"... so to speak...
Times when I'd been in too
much of a hurry
to stop and help someone...
Or when I'd offered
just a "quick response"
to someone who really needed
me to listen to them...
Or when I'd been
"quick to anger"
when I am frustrated
or tired...
Of course,
a trip to the dump
is not complete without
a stop at the metal pile...
that we "rode" home with...
To go along with our maps...
Samuel found two
go-cart frames!
If you plan to travel
life's highway...
You need something cool
to ride in!
to ride in!
"Enter through the narrow gate.
For wide is the gate
and broad is the road
that leads to destruction,
and many enter through it.
But small is the gate
and narrow the road
that leads to life,
and only a few find it."
Matthew 7:13-14Only 3 more days til
my "give-away!"
Leave a comment today
about some neat yard sale
or "dump"find...
I'll count it as another entry!






that was a nice gift with the Bible maps from that lady. I always have to remind myself that I am Jesus' ambassador here on earth and I may be the only Jesus someone sees so like you, I try to be the best example of him as I can be (though I know I fail at times). Good reminder for us to always be on our best behavior so to speak!
ReplyDeletelet's see, best garage sale find, I usually don't go to many of them but I think it was the hand-held can openers I found at one for 10 cents each; found 10 of them. At the time the church we were attending had just opened up a rescue mission and were needed can openers to pass out along with food. I think it was a Godsend for me to be there and to be able to "snag" those can openers (all new too) for 10 cents each :)
betty
Oh what a great post. And really give us a lot to think about! Thanks for sharing this. I am glad Melanie sent me over. I am enjoying my visit.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Sherry
Good Morning Betty!
ReplyDeleteHey, what a find! Especially new ones! I just love it when we go to the local thrift stores and I find something that I have been looking for. Lately, I've been on the hunt for vintage sheets to use in my quilt projects and such.
Thanks so much for stopping by again!
Blessings,
Laura
Hello Sherry,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your sweet comment. I always love making new friends and having the opportunity to visit and see what they are writing about! Hope you and your family have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Laura
Hi, Laura~
ReplyDeleteHow nice of that lady to give you those maps. I've always enjoyed looking at Bible maps to see where things were.
I'm sure it was a bit unnerving for you. I think she knew who you were by the life you live! It sounds like you're being a good witness. :)
Wow, Samuel really hit the jackpot with those frames! I'm sure he's looking forward to working on them!
One neat find I can think of is actually something my husband found. We were at a flea market in West Virginia, and Lee found Brother Lawrence's book, "The Practice of the Presence of God". It's an old 1895 paperback. We were so happy to find it!
Hope you're having a wonderful week.♥
Dear Melanie,
ReplyDeleteWhat a find! I shared your comment with Daniel...he was very excited for your husband! He collects old books written by great men of God as well. I just love looking for old books when I visit the local thrift stores and yard sales.
Hope you all are well and enjoying the first few days of summer!
With love,
Laura
:o) Isn't that such a beautiful testimony! There have been times that people at work knew things about me when I had not shared anything with them. It's amazing the things that other people are able to *see* when we are trying to live for God.
ReplyDelete