A beautiful sunny day
on the coast of Maine!
Who would believe
that only a few weeks ago
we were in a tornado watch?
Yesterday,
my husband was hard at work...
Again...
Fastening chicken wire
for our peas...
Several weekend's ago,
In fact, it was the one
before the tornado watch...
We spent the better part
of a day taking down 3 trees.
To be perfectly honest,
It was not something I wanted
to do...
There were other projects
calling my name...
Looking back now, however,
I am so thankful that
my husband made the choice
to take down the trees that Saturday.
and very close to the house.
One good windstorm
(or tornado)
could have caused immense damage.
There was one nagging issue, however.
One of the trees was located
in a spot that made
it very difficult to drop.
There was only a narrow pathway
for this tree to fall in...
Otherwise, it would hit
the house,
or the chicken coop,
or the garden,
or the newly planted fruit trees...
I watched my husband...
Carefully plan just how to drop
that tree...
He leads our family by
such quiet example...
Teaching our sons to be
patient, hard working,
honest, fair, kind...
To trust God...
To walk down the
"narrow path."
I guess I don't need
to tell you,
That the tree landed
exactly where he planned.
I am so grateful
each and every day,
that the Lord brought
this amazing man
into my life...
Dearheart...
"There you saw how the LORD
your God carried you,
as a father carries his son, "
your God carried you,
as a father carries his son, "





Hi Laura, I love these photos of your MAN taking down the tree. He sounds a LOT like mine. Tim is always taking down trees..fence posts..something! :o) And all is done according to plan.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the sweet comment and the visit. I've been meaning to visit for so long! Our graduation month is always very hectic. I'm so glad I could come visit.
xo
Donna
Hey Mom,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this post. I am so thankful my brothers and I have a father like him to teach us. What an example he is!
Happy Father's Day dad!
Love,
Josh
What a wonderful post. I'm so thankful all went according to his (and His) plan!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are all enjoying your Father's Day together.
I'm so glad the tree fell right where your husband wanted it...very good planning. It's so obvious to see what a wonderful example and leader he is in your family. Your sons prove it!
ReplyDeleteOne of my memories of my dad is him singing and playing the guitar when we went camping. We always went camping every summer, at least a couple of weeks. People we didn't even know would wander over to our campsite when Dad started playing his guitar and singing. I have such wonderful memories of him singing and playing in the dark with only the light of the fire and the lantern. We'd sing hymns and praise choruses, and at some point he'd usually throw in Running Bear and Froggy Went a Courtin'! :) Good times, good times.
Have a great week. ♥
HI Laura,
ReplyDeleteisnt it so amazing how God leads us, in each and everything we do? Sometimes..we have no idea why??But in the end.... God reveals the plans..Oh what an awsome God we serve.
thankyou for the post on my blog.I apprecaite it.I really enjoy sewing on the sew weekly challenge. I have sewed for my daughter and grandaughters for years.BUt..this is the first time, i have really ever sewed for me.. Very nice.. [plus I need the dresses for church.. I have lost some weight [thank God].. and my dresses are all too big. It is so hard to find dresses now adays.
Happy Fathers day to your husband too. So wonderful to have great fathers and husbands in our lives. Hope you have a good day. Judy
Hi, Laura. This was such a nice post and a wonderful tribute to your husband. My dad died 2 days before my 21st birthday. That will be 39 years ago in August. I have wonderful memories of my quiet,humble father though. One of my favorites is how he used to swing me really high on our tree swing! I would go so high he would have to jump and pull my legs! I will never forget the best dad in the world- mine.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Dear Donna,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by for av visit...I've missed your sweet comments! I do think your husband and mine are a lot alike...always doing wonderful things for their families. Hope he had a wonderful Father's Day!
God bless,
Laura
Dear Josh,
ReplyDeleteThere is no greater joy than to see our children walk with the Lord. Our family is truly blessed.
We love you so,
Mom (and Dad)
Dear Miss Linda,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by for a visit. Isn't it wonderful to know that we can be certain that His plans are always perfect for us! What blessed assurance this is!
We did have a lovely Father's Day...thank you!
Laura
Dear Melanie,
ReplyDeleteI love your memory of your father! What fun you all must have had...just sitting around the campfire singing. By the way...Froggy went a courtin' is one of our favorite sing-a-long songs!
Thanks for sharing this wonderful memory.
With love,
Laura
Dear Judy,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on losing weight! Sometimes that is so difficult...since we are taking care of so many other things...we often forget to take care of ourselves. But this is so important! I just love to look at all the items you have made...especially all your new dresses! I love vintage dress patterns...you're so right...it is hard to find dresses these days!
Thank you so much for your sweet comments. They brighten my day!
Blessings,
Laura
Dear Kathy,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing this wonderful memory about your dad! I can just picture him pushing you...higher and higher. You were probably squealing with delight!
My dad will turn 88 next month...I don't know where the years have gone...I can still remember him dancing on stage with me in my ballerina costume when I was just a wee lass...sweet memories.
Have a blessed week!
Laura
Hi, Laura...thanks for becoming a follower and entering my giveaway...had to do the same for you, of course..LOL....hello from Southern California...along way from Maine, huh? I did a tribute to my dad today on my eagles blog...he was a wonderful man who I miss every day now that he's with the Lord...
ReplyDeleteDear Dani,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by from sunny California and for following my blog! I didn't realize that you had more than one blog...I'm on my way to visit your other one now!
Have a blessed day,
Laura
I always enjoy your stories about your husband and the love the radiates through your words. Such a breath of fresh air. :o)
ReplyDelete