Do you ever feel overwhelmed?
Too many things to do...
Not enough hours in the day
to do it all...
I came across the most wonderful
little quote recently...
I don't know who said it...
Inch By Inch...
Life's A Cinch!
Yard By Yard...
Life Is Hard.
So much truth in this little verse...
For us, around our little farm,
To first trust God in all things...
To ask Him to be with us
As we go through our day...
And then,
![]() |
| Cutting, splitting, and stacking firewood... |
To ask Him to be with us
As we go through our day...
![]() |
| Fixing a broken truck... |
And then,
If we work on things
project by project...
project by project...
with all that there is to do...
I have heard many say...
That the Lord never gives us more
Than we can handle...
But I have yet to find a scripture
That confirms this...
The Lord never promises us that
there won't be trials in life...
But He does tell us that He
will be there with us...
If we put our trust in Him
The Lord never promises us that
there won't be trials in life...
But He does tell us that He
will be there with us...
If we put our trust in Him
Often people quote
I Corinthians 10:13...
I Corinthians 10:13...
"There hath no temptation taken you
but such as is common to man:
but God is faithful, who will not suffer you
to be tempted above that ye are able;
but will with the temptation also
make a way to escape,
that ye may be able to bear it."
What this verse is telling us is that
when we are tempted,
God will provide a way out for us...
Not so that we will avoid temptation
But so that we will meet it
And stand firm against it.
This is God's way of testing...
He is faithful...
He will not allow us to be tempted
Beyond what we can bear
And successfully conquer.
It is a means to produce
A character in us
that is a reflection of God.
But the fact is...
Our daily life can be difficult at times...
Overwhelming...
More than we can bear...
That is why we need each other...
And Him...
Every Day...
Inch by Inch.
Inch by inch
Row by row...
Gonna make this garden grow...
All it takes is a rake and a hoe
And a piece of fertile ground... ![]() |
| Weeding by small rock garden... |
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct thy paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6 and He shall direct thy paths."




I do so enjoy these 'day in the life' posts, dear Laura! Just before navigating to your blog I was reading a little article on trusting God in every aspect of life, and your blog post just reinforced that message.
ReplyDeleteI pray you and your family will have a blessed and productive weekend! :)
Hi, Laura,
ReplyDeleteThat is such a great quote...I'll have to remember it! It's very true too, and better than the quote about eating an elephant one bite at a time. Yuck. I can't imagine ever wanting to eat an elephant.
Yes, that verse is definitely misquoted.
We need God and each other because sometimes life's path is very hard and more than we can bear alone.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend and can get some work done on your projects. Your rock garden is so sweet. :)
Blessings to you, my friend!♥
Dear Laura...as I look at each of the pictures that you have shared...it seems as if you have followed the advice that you are sharing! Everything looks in such good order at your home...so nice how you all work together to get your projects all finished! I enjoyed this very much. Thank you for sharing! Have a lovely weekend! Hugs ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteLaura ~ Your words rang true in my heart! I have been echoing this same thought all week...as we get further and further behind. "Count it all Joy~!"
ReplyDeleteThank you for the wonderful post.
Good Morning Miss Linda,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by! We, too, have been focusing around our home on becoming totally dependent on the Lord...trusting Him in all things. With three young men at ages when there potentially can be very many important changes in their lives...it is ever so crucial to turn to the Lord first and pray for His guidance in all aspects of our journey. It is, of course, so easy to say these things...but so much more important to put them into daily practice. But what a peace we find when we do. Life can be difficult at times...the work can seem overwhelming with little progress made...people we trusted can disappoint and even hurt us...but God is ever faithful. Here we hold on to this promise with all our hearts.
Have a blessed weekend,
Laura
Good Morning Melanie!
ReplyDeleteAren't you glad that blogger is up and running again! I lost some comments (as many folks did, I think) but hopefully they will be restored. I can't imagine trying to manage something as complicated as blogger...it must be a nightmare when something goes wrong!
Okay, girlfriend, you are going to have to fill me in on the "elephant" saying. Eating an elephant??? Double yuck!!! Guess that's one I just haven't heard before...you'll have to share it with me! Or perhaps it would make a good blogpost?
I appreciate you comment about the scripture...I was a bit nervous when I shared it that some might be upset...but it so important to search the scriptures for Truth and to interpret scripture with other scripture. I know that God gives us trials to teach us sometimes...and sometimes things happen simply because we live in a fallen world...and sometimes it is our own doing...but all of these reasons simply point us to trust in the One who truly cares for us. We need Him...for everything...and He so wants us to come to Him.
Today the guys are working on Josh's brakes...he noticed yesterday that it was difficult driving with the trailer. So the crew is planning a new brake job...and "bleeding the lines" (Don't I sound like I know what I'm talking about!). Since this isn't my area of expertise...I'll be in the garden for the most part. Hope your weekend is restful, yet productive as well!
Blessings, my dear friend,
Laura
Dear Teri,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by for a visit...and for your sweet comment about the pictures! It does seem at times like our list is "neverending" (as I'm sure that most people's are!) and I am very good at creating "lists" of things that need doing! But especially now, as we are spending more time helping my parents remain as independent as they possibly can, we have seen the need to turn to our Lord and ask His help in prioritizing things...taking baby steps... and trusting that He will guide us.
Hope you all are having a beautiful weekend...I'm sure the flowers must be gorgeous where you are!
~Laura
Good Morning Sherry!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by! I'm sure that your list is as long or longer than ours at this time of the year! But as you say...count it all joy! The blessings we receive from this gentle kind of life...I wouldn't trade them for anything! Even on those days that seem overwhelming! He is so faithful...and I think that when we take things slowly...step by step...we are able to see His goodness in all that we do. Last night, Josh came home concerned that his brakes were gone on his truck, which puts a real damper in his work schedule, but immediately I saw all my guys heading out to the garage and working together to make a plan so that the brakes could be fixed and Josh could still stay on schedule...no panic...just working together...it was beautiful. God is so good.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend...I'm sure it is absolutely gorgeous where you are right now!
Sweet blessings,
Laura
Hi, Laura~
ReplyDeleteYes, I am so glad Blogger is up and running again. I lost some of my comments too. So far, they're not back yet.
Well, the saying is, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." It's just one of those sayings about accomplishing big things a little at a time, but I like your quote much better. :) The elephant one always makes me feel a little queasy. :(
I hope your guys have success with bleeding the brakes today, whatever that means!! :)
Enjoy your time in the garden. We're planning to work in our flower beds today, but it's been raining this morning. Hopefully it will clear up this afternoon and we can work on them then.
Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. ♥
Hey, Mel, thanks for filling me in on the elephant saying! I truly have never heard that one before...but remember, I spend a lot of time in the woods! The thought of eating an elephant...I just can't go there!
ReplyDeleteIt's late afternoon and the guys are still working on the brakes...it turned into quite a big project. They did take a little break for a while when a guy came to buy an old frame that Sam had for sale. He's going to turn it into a hot rod. Turns out they know the same man who does car work...so that was good for an hour or so conversation. And, of course, they had to check out Sam's 48 ford.
So, the brake project is still not completed...two and a half done...one and a half to go!
I didn't get much gardening done yet...when Josh went up to get the brakes I rode along and stopped at the thrift store. I found some terrific buys...my favorite being a vintage twin sheet with the most beautiful roses and the most adorable ruffle on it! I'm thinking "old fashioned apron"...I've got to look through my patterns.
Time for watering...both the garden and the animals! Hope you are having a wonderful day.
Talk to you again soon!
~Laura :)
There is nothing more rewarding than planting a garden, and yours looks like it is going to be gorgeous
ReplyDeleteDear Karen,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to have you stop by again...and thank you for the sweet comment about our garden! We actually have much work to accomplish...we have several large veggie gardens which supply us with a wonderful harvest each year.
Hope you are having a blessed weekend!
Laura
What a great quote! Something that I needed to hear today. Thank you for this inspiring post! ;o)
ReplyDeleteDear Nabila,
ReplyDeleteI know that sometimes the "load" can seem so big...that is why we finally figured out that taking "baby steps" is the best way. It is the same way we study the scriptures...for the Bible is so huge...so we examine a small bit at a time...and we learn so much more!
With love,
Laura