It's the first day of April
and here in Maine...
truly an April Fools Day!
What started as this early this morning...
Will leave us with upwards of a foot of snow
before ending tonight!
So much for planting potatoes this weekend!
So, instead of hanging out clothes...
It's a perfect day for....
baking brownies!
and chocolate chip cookies!
And working on some sewing projects.
Last week mom was cleaning out
her linen closet...
and she gave me several sets
of vintage sheets and pillow cases.
Many of my crafty blogger friends
have been making all sorts of
wonderful things with vintage sheets
such as quilts and aprons.
Recently, I came across this pattern
I decided to give it a try
with some of the vintage sheets
that I had acquired.
| Don't you just love this floral? |
I began to think about the word
"reversible"
and what it means.
For one thing...
Something that is reversible
is the same shape on the inside
as well as on the outside.
It started me pondering...
Am I the same shape on the inside...
As I am on the outside?
Is the "side" that I show
to the world...
The same as what is in my heart?
Do I do the things that I do...
not for personal glory...
or self gratification...
or public acknowledgement...
But solely for the purpose
of being obedient to my Lord
and pleasing Him?
This is my prayer today...
No fooling!
"A fool hath no delight in understanding,
but that his heart may discover itself."




I love the vintage sheets and pillow cases. The reversible bag is really nice. I think I'll be making a few of those for Christmas gifts. Glad your weather changed for the better. I'm sure you're as ready for spring as I am.
ReplyDeleteWonderful thoughts...but on a lighter note I was clearly at the wrong house for the storm!! Yours was much yummier!! I love the bag you made too!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Karen
Dear Granny,
ReplyDeleteSo glad to have you stop by for a visit! What a great idea...to make some of these as Christmas gifts! They are so easy...I was thinking of doing a few in "kiddie" prints (from sheets) for diaper bags...what do you think?
Today was so beautiful...we are really ready for spring around here! I am going to replastic my little greenhouse next week so that I can really get my seedlings going!
Have a blessed Sunday!
Laura
Dear Karen,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to have you stop by...wish you had been here during the storm...we could have had tea and cookies and girl talk together! Did you lose power? Ours flickered a few times... but never went completely out. My parents, however, are still without power...as are many in the midcoast area.
Glad you liked the bag...it was super easy! I am thinking of adapting the pattern to make some grocery bags. We have a great thrift shop locally where I can get vintage sheets very reasonably!
Have a blessed weekend,
Laura
Hi Laura,
ReplyDeleteOh my, more snow?? Bless your heart!
Those brownies and cookies look so good! I'm sure you and your guys had fun eating them and watching the snow fall!
You did a beautiful job on the bag! I like the print you chose. It's so pretty on both sides. :)
Very good post to think about...we have to make sure we're the same person inside and out! We certainly can't fool God! He knows.
Hope you're having a great weekend.♥ hugs!
Dear Melanie,
ReplyDeleteIt is always so nice to go to my e-mail and see that you've stopped by with a comment! Thank you for the sweet comment...I had such fun with this bag! You have to watch it with the handles, though, it's real easy to attach them the wrong way if you aren't careful!
You are so right about not being able to fool God. How often we do think we can do this...and then have to bow humbly in repentance. And more wonderfully...He is always forgiving and loving...and leading us toward obedience. God is so good.
Hope you and your family have a very blessed Sunday!
With love,
Laura
That is a lovely post, Laura! Not only the practical, but the spiritual. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI recently saw a pattern for a doll made out of a pillow case.....rather a bodiless, faceless doll, but kinda cute anyhow. (http://slcdesigns.tripod.com/pillowcase_dolls.htm)I am thinking about making these w/ my daughters.
Your thoughts are so wise dear friend. Am I the same inside as out? I pray that this is the way I am...but there are times, when that is not so. But I don't worry ~ like fabric, it is washed with His blood and ironed by the trials that He allows.
ReplyDeleteYour goodies look delicious...and the bags are really, really nice.
Be blessed dear friend,
~ Maria ~
Wonderful post. I have been thinking about some of the same things so refreshing for be supported in my thoughts! Love the sheets! I have a few of those from my grandmother! :o)
ReplyDeleteDear Keri,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you liked the post...it is always nice to have you stop by for a chat! I'm am going to take a look at the website you suggested...I'm always looking for new ideas for crafting! I also have lots of ones to share (especially for little lassies) as I used to be an elementary school teacher. Perhaps I'll send some your way, if you'd like.
Hope that you and your lovely family have a blessed Sunday!
Laura
Dear Maria,
ReplyDeleteAlways a blessing to have you visit, my dear friend, and I will miss your blog dearly...but I certainly understand the need for prioritizing and putting what is important first in your life. Please know that many are praying for you...and that the Lord is always with you...
Have a blessed day,
Laura
Dear Nabila,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your sweet comment, my dear. It is always helpful for us to be examining ourselves in light of scripture...and coming before Him humbly asking for Him to point out the areas in our lives that need cleansing. He only takes us through the "fire" to refine us!
Have a blessed week,
Laura
Dear Laura...Sunday blessings to you! I love the inspiration that you share in each of your writings! If you are going to be snowed in...what better way than to enjoy delicious goodies with your family! I love the vintage bedding...pretty ~ old fashioned florals are my favorite! The bags are so cute that you are making! You share such sweet thoughts and ideas! Sweet Sunday blessings to you and yours! Hugs ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteDear Teri,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your sweet comments and for stopping by for a visit! I love floral linens, too! We have a great thrift store close by, and I've been able to find some lovely vintage sheets there as well. My next project is to design a cloth grocery bag...perhaps I'll blog on it when I finish!
Have a blessed week, my friend!
Laura
I certainly enjoyed reading about your beautiful sewing projects, wonderful baked goodies (mmmmmmm, brownies!) and all the happenings at your homestead. Have a blessed week!
ReplyDeleteDear Miss Linda,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your kind comments! We are sort of partial to brownies, too (next to chocolate chip cookies, that is!). It is always fun to share what's happening around our little farm...so glad that you enjoy reading about it!
Hope you have a blessed week as well!
Laura
Hello dear Laura with your sweet well thought out words of wisdom and philosiphy,you leave me in awe and just don't know what to reply sometimes to your well written posts,first of all I thank you for visiting and leaving your sweet comment on my blog about my pot holders about selling on etsy,and the truth is I have thoght about it,but since I have a shop I have thoght about selling them in my shop I was thinking of putting sets in little plastic bags and tying it with a little ribbon and selling the set of two for 3.00 I am really wondering if the price is ok. I really whant the price to be easy on the pocket in order to sell and I can make more I would really like to hear your opinion. In the first photo I thought wow it still has snow and then I read on to the end and was happy to hear you had some nice weather and you can plant your tomatoes what fun,the photos of your baking made my mouth water everybody in the family loves chocolate I make crepes with choc. mous and bananas on sundays for my boys and I aften make brownies for them , how far we are and so much the same,I love that pattern ,and the bag you made and the sheets are so practical for eny project I have seen many things on the net. using the vintage sheets they are so pretty I wish you happy planting.xoxo theodora
ReplyDeleteDear Sweet Theodora,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post! Thank you so much for taking the time to put down all your thoughts! I think that your idea of putting your potholders in bags and selling them in your shop for $3.00 is wonderful...a very practical, inexpensive, but lovely gift for someone! Isn't it amazing how the Lord puts people together who share common interests and ideas. What a blessing!
Hope you have a lovely day,
Laura