I feel like I've been
away for such a long time!
I've missed having the time
to read your all your
wonderful blogs...
Hopefully, as we settle into
more of a routine around here...
I'll be able to stop by for a visit!
I want to especially thank you
all for your sweet prayers
all for your sweet prayers
and your wonderful words
of encouragement!
There is an old Amish proverb
which says...
"A truly happy person
is one who can enjoy
the scenery of a detour."
Although, of course,
it saddens me to see
my dad's declining health...
I am looking forward to
this season in our lives.
I so appreciate the care
that my parents gave to me
growing up...
and consider it an honor
to be able to "give back"
some of this wonderful gift
to them
as they grow older.
Speaking of giving...
This package came in the mail today
from my amazing sister-in-law, Nancy.
I wrote a post about her ministry
several months ago...
She sent all these craft kits...
knowing that I am spending
many hours in the doctors' offices
with my dad...
something to keep my "idle hands" busy!
So many blessings in my life...
Thank you, Lord.
John 5:13
Greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 5:13

I want you to know that my thoughts and prayers have been and will continue to be with you and your family as you go through this bend in the road! I have felt the closeness that you and your family share...each of you are so very blessed to have one another! It is wonderful that your parents can depend on your support to guide them through this time in their life when it is such a need for them...as well as spending this time with your parents for you! The old Amish proverb is so true! Blessings to you and your family Laura! Hugs ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteHi, Laura~
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know I'm still praying for you all during this time of adjustment. Yes, it is a new season for you all. I'm so glad you can be there for your parents. I know God is walking every step of this with you.
I really like that Amish proverb...very true!
Nancy sounds like a very sweet lady! How nice of her to send you those little craft kits.
I'm looking forward to seeing them when you're finished. :)
We're supposed to get snow tomorrow night! Hard to believe! Hopefully my little flowers will be okay.
Hope you have a great weekend, my dear friend. hugs ♥
Hi Laura,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your sweet comment and the verse you left for me. :-)
Enjoy each moment with your parents and make lots of memories. Memories are one thing that cannot be taken away from us. My mom, dad, brother, and all my aunts and uncles have all passed away, but I have many good memories.
I love the Amish proverb, and you have a very sweet sister-in-law. Such nice projects to do!
Praying for your dad and family,
Have a blessed weekend,
Anne ♥
Hello Laura. Hope you all had a good week. Just wanted you to know some folks in NC are praying for you all. We have been down the same road. The WORD... was our map, going to and from. Without it, many of us could have lost our emotional and spiritual direction.
ReplyDeleteMany many prayers :)
Angie
Ah, it is a good idea to have something to do w/ your hands! I am praying for your family.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with you and your family. I know some of what you are faceing my mother just passed and we have hubbys mother with us 3 day a week and she is going down fast...just lean on the lord. God Bless Trish
ReplyDeleteLaura,
ReplyDeleteJust thought I would drop you a quick note as Steve and I travel to Hartford this morning for a seminar. We have been praying for you all daily. One of the girls just asked if I had heard any more about your Dad. It is such a blessing to be so close to them physically! Both of our parents are in Florida...we feel so far away --depending on our siblings to keep us up to date as our parents often "forget" to tell us of difficulties that they may be dealing with. Isn't it good to know that people anywhere can pray to the Lord for needs of people they may never have met or that are so far away that we can not be with them...this is wonderful.
Dear Teri,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your encouraging words, dear friend. You always know how to "life someone up"...this is definitely part of your ministry! I knew that you would like the Amish proverb...so simple...yet so true!
Have a blessed weekend,
Laura
Dear Melanie,
ReplyDeleteAlways a bright spot in my day when you stop by for a visit! I agree, my "Nancy" is such a sweetie! We actually have three Nancy's in our family...so sometimes it gets a bit confusing! Nancy is always sending me "crafts" that her elderly friends collect for her...I couldn't help it...last night I started one of the new ones even though I have several others that I should be finishing up before starting anything new!
It's always so much fun to start a new project!
Hope you and your family are having a wonderful weekend...and that the warm weather is here to stay!
With love,
Laura
Dear Anne,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your sweet comments, encouraging words, and, most of all, your continued prayers. I hope that you had a wonderful Anniversary...and I'm so glad that you liked the verse...it is a favorite of ours around here. It helps to remind us that God is always with us through everything...and that we should stick together and stand firm in our convictions.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Laura
Dear Angie,
ReplyDeleteYour comment touched my heart...please thank all those who are praying for us. My parents are so incredible...and although this journey may be difficult at times, I wouldn't trade it for anything. It sounds as though you have had similar experiences with taking care of a parent or grandparent. We feel so blessed to be able to be so close that we continue to learn from my parents each and every day. I watch my sons with them...such an amazing bond. And, of course, the Lord is with all of us every step of the journey...He is so good.
Again, thank you for your prayers and concerns,
Laura
Dear Keri,
ReplyDeleteYou would not believe how many little craft kits I have collected from my sister-in-law's packages! I always have so many to choose from! I'm the kind of person who always has to have her hands busy...and Nancy knows this.
Thank you so much for your continued prayers...it is always a comfort to know that their are people holding us up!
Have a blessed day,
Laura
Dear Trish,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, my dear, for your words of encouragement. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's passing...and I will hold you up in prayer as you minister to your husband's mom. Such a lot on your plate right now! What a comfort to know that our Lord understands...and is holding us in His loving arms.
Have a blessed weekend,
Laura
Dear Mandy,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear from you...hope you and your husband have a wonderful day together. Thank you so much for your continued prayers. I can imagine that you feel the way many of my brothers and sisters feel...it is difficult to live away from your parents...especially during times of trial. We are truly blessed to have them so close...and to have the Lord to lean on.
Hope you and your family have a blessed weekend,
Laura
What a perfect Amish proverb, it applies to so much of life.
ReplyDeleteDear Elizabeth,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to have you stop by...I so enjoy visiting you across the ocean in France! Don't you just love Amish proverbs...they seem to get right to the heart of the matter. As we know, our lives are a series of "detours"...and how we choose to view these journeys determines whether or not we will be happy and content. Of course, we all know that without the Lord to lead and guide us...the journey is not worth taking!
Have a blessed Sunday,
Laura
Laura, I am so sorry to hear you are going through this sad time of life. I pray that you will be surrounded by the comfort of family and friends, and especially the all-encompassing comfort of God as He opens His arms to receive your father home again.
ReplyDeleteDear Miss Linda,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by and for your dear comment! Though in some ways it is true that this is a sad time, I am so thankful for the love that my family has shown in working together to help my dear parents. I am also so grateful for the prayers of friends...many who have traveled this road before us. And, of course, we find joy each day in the comfort of our Lord and Saviour...who promises to never leave or forsake us. What a tremendous blessing and feeling of peace this is.
Have a blessed evening,
Laura
Dear Laura,
ReplyDeleteThe seasons in our lives are so many. Most of them come with trials that take us by surprise is just a wonder, we don't topple under the weight. Then others are just so uplifting and filled with so much encouragement and most of all that peace that only comes from Our Lord.
Like you shared, you are thankful for the upbringing from your father and your ability to give back at this exact moment. I believe very deeply, that Our Lord allows everything to happen because only He knows the seasons that are coming up in our lives.
My prayers are with you as you venture this new journey. I know that your emotions are many but I also know, that your faith is strong and that alone you are not.
Be blessed and thank you for your kind visit to the cottage.
~ Maria ~
Dear Maria,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to have you stop by! Thank you so much for your warm and kind comments. I enjoyed visiting your blog...your new look is lovely. We are also so looking forward to spring here, and to this new season of our lives...whatever the Lord has in mind for us. We are so grateful for friends and family who encourage us as we travel this road...and, of course, for an ever present Lord who guides and directs us.
Have a blessed day,
Laura
Dear Laura, when my MIL went home to Jesus we found these things to be true for us...
ReplyDeleteThis is a time when we want to draw the family in close and hold on to all the moments.
There is pain so personal and deep..and yet there is a calm strength that accompanies it.
The Lord's arms hold us up and His heart overflows in our spirit.
One day we look back and marvel.
He brings us through so sweetly.
May you feel His strong comfort wrapping around you and yours in the coming days.
love in Jesus..Trish
Dear Trish,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for visiting and for leaving such an encouraging comment. It helps so to have friends who are willing to share how the Lord brought them through the various "seasons" of life...we so appreciate all the wonderful thoughts and prayers!
Have a blessed day,
Laura
Hello and can I just say what a lovely blog. I found you through a link with French village life. and I just want to say you put into words how I feel as I am carer for my 87 year old mum and I feel just as you do. She spent many of her good years taking care of me and then my children so now It is time to spend that time with her. So thank you for your insight.
ReplyDeleteIf you are ever in need of a virtual cup of coffee you are welcome in my space.
Take care, keep safe, be happy
Beverley xx
Dear Beverley,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you found my blog and that you stopped by for a visit! It is so amazing how we can make friends from all over the world through blogging! I know just how you feel when you speak so tenderly about your mum...what a blessing it is to give back just a tiny bit of the care and love that they gave to us growing up.
Have a blessed evening...and I plan to stop by for a "virtual cup!"
Laura
Laura,
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog! I decided I had to come visit yours and I'm glad I did. I read a little bit of the journey that you're on right now and just wanted to let you know that I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. My mom passed away last summer after a long battle with illness...
I am going to follow you so that I can keep up and keep you in my prayers.
Dear Laura,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by! It is always such an encouragement to visit with those who have walked this road before. Thank you for your sweet comments and prayers. I look forward to visiting with you again...and please, stop by anytime!
Have a blessed day,
Laura