Yesterday was the perfect day
for sewing...
Snow was falling (again!)
The wood stove was going...
And stew was simmering
in the crock pot...
I found this apron panel
Many years ago
At a close-out sale
and was able to pick it up
for next to nothing...
Since I've been really trying
to finish up some projects
that I've collected...
I thought this would be
a good day to put this together!
The instructions on the panel
just called for turning the raw edges
under 1/2 to finish them.
But I decided to add a lining
to the back to make it
more sturdy and give it
a more finished look.
I was pleased with the way
that the apron turned out...
And, of course,
I loved the saying...
"Teachers plant the seeds of the future..."
For, as you know,
we are all teachers...
In the way we speak,
and behave,
and act,
and treat others...
And we are constantly planting seeds...
Seeds that we pray
will be fruitful.
And I am so forever grateful...
That we have the finest Teacher
there could ever be for our example.
We only have to look in God's Word.
| I think I'll put this in my etsy shop! |
"All Scripture is inspired by God
and profitable for teaching, for reproof,
for correction, for training in righteousness..."
2 Timothy 3:16


so glad I found your blog~it's so neat to meet bloggers I've never said hi to :)
ReplyDeleteHi, Laura~
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet apron! I really like the saying on it...very true!
Yes, teaching is not just in a classroom. I may help teach children math, science, grammar, etc., but I know the children (and others) are also learning from me in the way I live outside of the classroom. Yikes! That's a sobering thought! I pray I'm being a good teacher then too!
Yes, we have the finest Teacher for our example. I pray to be more like Him every day!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)
((hugs))♥
Oh Laura, What a swEEET apron!! (My kids like to say 'sweet' a lot with quite a lot of raised tone in the middle. So true..we teach all the time children, friends, neighbors..ourselves. That's such a good lesson..and I ADORE the apron!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your sweet comments this week, dear friend. You encourage me so much!
xo
Donna
Dear Niki,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you stopped by...and that you found my blog! I look forward to visiting your site...it is always so nice to meet new friends!
Have a blessed day,
Laura
Dear Melanie,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your sweet comment...I must admit, I was thinking of you as I worked on this yesterday. You do have the opportunity to be a witness to so many little ones...both through your school and through your church. What an amazing ministry! I pray each day for you, my friend. I know that the Lord will use your sweet spirit for His purpose.
Have a very blessed day!
Laura
Dear Donna,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the sweEEEEEET comment! I have been praying for you, dear friend. I know that having your family move away has been difficult...please know that there are many holding you up right now!
Have a blessed weekend,
Laura
I am so glad to find your sweet blog. You are right. We are all planting seeds. I am a teacher by profession, but we are all teachers. God bless you.
ReplyDeleteDear Patti,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by my blog! I am also a teacher...I taught first and third grade in both a public and Christian school before we decided to homeschool. It is so true, however, we are all teachers...whether we realize it or not.
Hope you have a blessed weekend!
Laura
Dear Mrs Laura
ReplyDeleteThis is such a lovely apron! I love being in the kitchen baking and cooking and aprons are amongst my favourite things! :)
God bless,
Rachel
Dear Miss Rachel,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by for a visit and for your sweet comment! We definitely have something in common...I, too, love baking and cooking...and I love aprons...especially vintage ones! I'm always looking for patterns of the old style aprons.
I hope that you and your family are having a blessed week...please do stop by again!
~Mrs. Laura
Thank you for stoping by my blog. Glad you found me I have already enjoyed reading your post and looking at your photos. That like the apron. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteDear Laurie,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by for a visit and for your sweet comment! I hope that you and your family have a very blessed evening!
Hi Laura. Thanks for visiting my blog and for the nice comments. The apron is darling and the saying is so true. Have you visited our Spiritual Sundays blog? You might want to consider linking there sometime and/or reading what others have shared. Here is the url: http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteGuess it is pretty cold where you are. It's nice and sunny here. We worked out in the yard this afternoon and actually got too warm.
Have a good week.
Charlotte
Dear Laura...such a sweet apron! Very pretty! I love old fashioned aprons...the soft cotton ones...even a bit faded...that have been washed many times...so comfy to wear! I love the saying with planting the seeds of the future! It seems so fitting with springtime so closeby and the planting of seeds in our gardens...in both with "little ones" and our gardens as we watch both grow and bloom! Simple Blessings ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteDear Teri,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by for a visit...it is nice to see you back after your little "break!" I love old comfortable cotton aprons too! I'm sure you're as anxious as I am for spring planting...we need to get rid of all this snow first though!
Have a blessed evening!
Laura
Dear Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by...I am so jealous! Warm weather! We got snow again on Monday...but today seems to be a melting day, so far. I'm so looking forward to spring and planting!
Have a blessed week!
Laura
Hi Laura. A comment on your comment. If you try Opera be sure to use Speed Dial there. It is so helpful. Sounds like it is for the telephone but it is for going to sites you visit often. Love it.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Charlotte
Dear Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much...you are a dear! I'm going to have Joshua check this out for me when he gets home today...we often have issues with "slow" internet service...I have no idea why!
Have a blessed day!
Laura