Thursday, February 24, 2011

Life Is Fragile...

I just finished this sweet little
counted cross stitch design...

 
It came from one of the 
"care packages"
that my sister-in-law, Nancy,
sends me every once in awhile. 


Although the pattern didn't 
call for it...
I finished the back with 
some dark blue felt.


I always like to have a "finished" look to my projects!


I think I will put this 
in my etsy shop. 

As you can see...
The little blue calico heart reads...

"Life is Fragile...
Handle with Prayer"

A cute little "play on words"
but how often do we think about
how fragile life is?

It breaks my heart...
when I run into someone
that I haven't seen in quite some time...
and they "fill me in"
on all the tragedy that
has happened in their life
since we've last seen each other.

This happened yesterday...
while I was shopping at Walmart
I ran into an elderly lady
that I hadn't seen in probably 
a year or more...
And in our two minute conversation...
She told me about two people
who had recently died...
and three who were in the hospital
with life threatening situations. 

Yes, my friends,
life is fragile...
each day is a precious gift...

But we know of an even Greater Gift...
One that lasts for eternity...

And so, my friends,
let this be a reminder
that we need to bathe
those "fragile lives"
we come in contact 
with every day
in prayer...

"Evening, and morning, 
and at noon, 
will I pray, and cry aloud:
and he shall hear my voice."
Psalm 55:17  

11 comments:

  1. Yes my dear, it really is. And it's hit home more now that my *niece* has passed away. So little so full of promise. But God had other plans and PTL the next time my sister gets to hold her she will be *healthy*! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sweetie,
    It is so hard when we lose a loved one to death...but especially so when we are uncertain as to whether they walked with the Lord. There is such comfort in knowing that we will see our brothers and sisters in Christ again. You and your family need to hold on tight to this promise at this time of sorrow.
    Love you,
    "Mom"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the heart... so sweet and so true!!!
    Please email me at suzannewithdressagirl@gmail.com
    so that I can give you the information about the Dress A Girl
    Around the World project you requested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Suzanne,
    Thank you for stopping by...and for your "Dress A Girl" ministry! I look forward to making some dresses...and telling others about this wonderful gift of giving!

    Have a blessed day,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Maria,
    Thank you for visiting all the way from Germany!
    I hope that you have a blessed day!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a cute little heart and the saying is so true. :-)
    Thank you for visiting my blog and for your sweet comments. I've enjoyed my visit here as well, and will return. :-)
    Blessing and have a nice weekend,
    Anne ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Anne,
    Thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment! I really enjoyed visiting your blog...and I look forward to stopping by again!

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life is fragile indeed, but so very beautiful! Your cross stitch is lovely. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How true, Miss Linda, life is beautiful...especially our life in Christ Jesus.
    The beauty He gives us is beyond compare. Thank you so much for stopping by...and for your sweet comment.

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little cross stitch! That is so true. Life is very fragile and we just need to be thankful for every precious day...we don't know what the future has in store for us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Melanie,
    So nice to have you stop by...hope you had a good week in school! We do need to be thankful for everyday, don't we! I was just thinking that today...as the sun was so bright and everything looked so beautiful after yesterday's storm...as much as I've complained about all this snow...it truly is a beautiful gift from our Lord...for which I should be so grateful.

    Hope you and your family have a very blessed weekend!
    With love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...