has come and gone
in Maine...
Rifle and muzzleloader
Rifle and muzzleloader
season is officially over...
And still,
there is no venison
in my freezer.
of target practice...
for that perfect siting...
and sitting...
and watching...
and waiting.
Was it worth it?
Was it worth the hours that a father and his son
sat together...
Hoping...waiting...
for the catch that might not come?
I am reminded of another
Father and Son...
Who hope and wait...
for a "catch" which is much more dear...
for the catch that might not come?
I am reminded of another
Father and Son...
Who hope and wait...
for a "catch" which is much more dear...
"And therefore will the LORD wait,
that he may be gracious unto you,
and therefore will he be exalted,
that he may have mercy upon you:
for the LORD is a God of judgment:
blessed are all they that wait for him."
Isaiah 30:15


So worth it! ;o)
ReplyDeleteSometimes you do get some deer and sometimes you don't...but the times spent with your loved ones is truly a blessed memory!
ReplyDeleteHave a Merry Christmas sweet Laura :)
M.
Good Morning Nabila Grace,
ReplyDeleteMy heart weeps for those who do not know the Saviour...the greatest tragedy of all.
Hope you and your family have a blessed day,
Laura
Dear Maria,
ReplyDeleteMy sons have so many special memories of times spent with their dad...just doing everyday things...you can never replace moments like these...as I am sure you well know.
Wishing you and yours a blessed day,
Laura
The conclusion of this post was beautiful, Mrs. Laura . . . what a loving and patient God we have . . . what a merciful Father and Savior!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you all didn’t get any deer, and thus, no venison in the freezer, but it looks and sounds like some good memories were made! :)
Thank you, as always Miss Sarah, for your sweet remarks. Our Saviour is indeed loving and patient...so worthy of our praise!
ReplyDeleteMy sons always have such wonderful times with my husband. As I told you both in my e-mails to you and your mom yesterday and today, Samuel will have his driving permit today and he, Joshua,and my husband are planning a trip to Cabelas next week when Preston is off from work (don't know if you have those in Missouri...it's a really fun sporting goods store) to check out the hunting and trapping section...they will probably stop at L.L. Beans on the way! This will be Sam's first big driving experience...and he is very excited! I'm sure that the three of them will have wonderful memories of that day!
Special blessings to you and your family,
Mrs. Laura
Dear Laura...so worth it for a dad and his son to have those very special times together. I love it when my husband and our son have those special father ~ son times! Now that our son is grown and married...they are like very best friends...as well as dad and son! Such a blessing! Hugs ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteDear Teri,
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that your husband and son are such good friends...such a blessing and a testimony to both you and your husband! I am always saddened when I see families at odds with each other...and I thank God daily for the family He has given to me!
Have a blessed evening,
Laura
Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very blessed Christmas!
ReplyDeleteSweet blessings, Laura!
Sharon
Thanks so much for stopping by Sharon. I hope that you and your family have a very blessed Sunday!
ReplyDelete