Two A.M. on a very frosty Maine morn...
My dad awakens suddening,
Rises, and discovers
that there is no water in the upstairs bathroom.
After checking the kitchen sink
and the downstairs bathroom for water...
He realizes that something is terribly wrong.
Fearing that the water has frozen in the line,
Or perhaps a pipe has burst under the house,
He heads for the well house
and finds that the pump is running full force,
but the well is dry.
Praise God that he awoke in time
to turn the pump off before it burned out.
Now it is 3 AM
on a very cold morning...
My dad waits patiently
for daybreak.
We all stop down hours later
For mom's delicious dough cakes
And dad fills us in on what had happened
during the night.
Knowing that none of the stores
were open today,
And the chances of making any repairs
if needed were slim to none,
My husband and son put on their
"crawling around under the house" clothes
and grab their flashlights.
After checking what lines they could,
And looking for leaks and finding
nothing that "jumps right out at them"...
They ask dad to turn the water back on...
that a pipe had not frozen or burst...
But that there was a problem
With the upstairs toilet...
Which had kept running
throughout the night...
And had drained the well.
And all was "well" again!
All know that on any given frosty night...
There is the danger of frozen pipes
or worse still...
pipes that burst and then,
No water at the well.
But I praise God,
That, like the woman at the well discovered,
I know of the "living water"
That never runs dry...
So that I might never thirst again.
Therefore the Samaritan woman said to Him,
"How is it that You, being a Jew,
ask me for a drink since I am a Samaritan woman?"
(For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.)
Jesus answered and said to her,
"If you knew the gift of God,
and who it is who says to you,
'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him,
and He would have given you living water."
She said to Him, "Sir, You have nothing to
draw with and the well is deep;
where then do You get that living water?
"You are not greater than our father Jacob,
are You, who gave us the well,
and drank of it himself and his sons and his cattle?"
Jesus answered and said to her,
"Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again;
but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him
shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him
will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."
John 4: 9-14

Beautiful as always! :)
ReplyDeleteMerry CHRISTmas dear friend.
Maria.
Good Morning Maria...always so nice to hear from you. May you and your beautiful family have a blessed Sunday!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! So glad that you have water! ;o) We actually got SNOW! yesterday! What a pleasant surprise! ;o) Hope you had a good Christmas!
ReplyDeleteNice application, Laura! I'm thankful that the Lord's well does not run dry. :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Christine
Merry Christmas, dear Laura! I am so relieved to hear that your pipes have not frozen and you had men in your family who were skilled enough to make the necessary repairs. Truly a blessing! The Samaritan woman encountering her messiah is one of my favorite stories from the gospels. What a message of hope He proclaimed to that woman!
ReplyDelete"Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? And your labour for that which satisfieth not? Hearken diligently unto Me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness." (Isaiah 55:2)
Dear Nabila Grace,
ReplyDeleteI bet your little ones were so excited to see the snow! We are expecting a MAJOR storm tonight...I have to admit...I'm excited...guess I'm still a kid at heart!
Sweet blessings,
Laura
Dear Christine,
ReplyDeleteYour words are so true, my friend. I can't imagine what my life would be like without Him...so lost...so alone.
Have a blessed evening,
Laura
Dear Miss Linda,
ReplyDeleteAlways so nice to hear from you! I am truly blessed to have so many "helping hands" in my family...all such willing workers. My dad was so relieved that it was only a minor issue...especially with the big storm we are expecting tonight!
Hope you have a blessed week,
Laura
What an adventure! I am so glad that it wasn’t the pipes freezing and bursting that caused the problem, but that it was a simple fix that your guys were able to take care of. What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a beautiful truth that the well of living water never shall run dry. It is indeed a wellspring full and overflowing that will never cease! Nor will it ever fail to quench our thirst. Such a precious promise!