Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Miracle...

Sixteen years ago yesterday
The Lord blessed us again
with a precious little miracle...

Having prayed for this wee one
For ever so long...
It seemed only fitting
That we should name him Samuel.



Born on his grandma's birthday
He was her pride and joy.
They were inseparable for 5 short years
Until she went home to be with our Lord.
Samuel looks forward to the day
When he will be with her again in Heaven.

Samuel's smile lights up the whole room
And his easy going nature draws people to him
Like a month to a flame
Definitely a people person,
Samuel enjoys the company of anyone
Young or old...


Sixteen years...

Now I am the shortest and the smallest one
In our home.
In fact, although they are 7 1/2 years his elder
There are times that when Samuel is with his
two older brothers
You could mistake them for triplets.

Sixteen years...

We know how very short our time is with him
And so we pray each and every day
As we do for his older brothers...

That Samuel will continue to walk daily with our Lord...
That he will rejoice with Him in the good times...
And run to Him for comfort in the bad...
That he will find a godly young woman to marry
And will be blessed with special privilege of children.
And that it will be his heart's delight
To serve our Lord with joy and obedience.

May we never take the precious miracles
given to us by our Lord
for granted.

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,

the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one's youth.
Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."
Psalm 127:3-5

14 comments:

  1. Great party. It was cool that we could all get together and celebrate Sam's birthday. Too bad Terry and Miranda couldn't come. They would've had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Josh,
    I agree...I am so thankful that our family gathers together to celebrate special events such as this. Prayers are also going up for Terry and Miranda...we certainly missed them last night!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Laura...Happy Belated Birthday to Samuel...he sounds like a true blessing to those who are around him! He sounds like the kind of kid I would like to have as my next door neighbor! Thank you also for visiting my "little space" and your kind words! Simple blessings to you and your family! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura,

    Thanks so much for the compliment on my blog and visiting this afternoon. Happy Belated Birthday to your Samuel. I have a Sam too... Samantha, and she is 16 as well. :-)

    Blessings,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Theresa,
    Thanks for stopping by! So you have a "Sam" as well! Isn't 16 a great age...our Samuel is such a helper to everyone now...we feel very blessed with our sons.
    Blessings to you and your family,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post, Mrs. Laura! Your mother’s love definitely shone through it. :) By the way, did you make the cake? It looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Miss Sarah,
    Thank you so much for you sweet comment, my dear. I did make the cake...we were going with sort of a truck and camo theme...the camo because Sam is trying so desparately to get his first deer (no sightings yet, I'm afraid) and the truck because he starts driver's ed this week! He is so excited, as are we, and we are certain that he will do a fine job. After all, he's been driving the tractor around our little "farm" since he was old enough to reach the pedals!
    Precious blessings to you and your family,
    Mrs. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Teri,
    So good to hear from you, my friend! Thank you for the birthday wishes and for your sweet comments. If Sam lived next door to you, he'd be over all the time...offering to fix anything broken...he's a real mechanical whiz!
    He'd love stopping by your inviting kitchen to chat!
    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura, I'm stopping by to say hi! Your Samuel sounds extra special. We also have hunters in our family--my husband and 19yo son Jacob (I love all the Biblical names!).

    I love your cake and the tank/camo theme. That would go over perfectly in my home!!

    Blessings to you,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Christine,
    Thanks so much for stopping by! My "men" haven't been successful yet this season, but I'm sure hoping we'll have some venison in the freezer real soon. My older sons like to make jerky with some of the meat using my dehydrator. So yummy!
    Have a blessd day,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to such a handsome young man! Thanks for stopping over to my blog! I love finding other women who have traveled my path (of raising boys) and survived! :) Your handiwork is beautiful (I am about to check out your Etsy shop as well!). I love your clever titles, too! Stop back soon! Nice to have "met" you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Shana,
    Children are such a blessing from the Lord. My husband and I thank God each and every day for our three sons. Life is never boring around here...for they are all so different...even though 2 are twins! I'm so thankful that they are so close to each other...the bond of brothers is such a strong one.

    I'm so glad you stopped by! I look forward to visiting with you again!

    Have a wonderful day!
    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy be-lated birthday to Sam! ;o) He is blessed to have such a Godly mother! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Nabila Grace,
    So nice to hear from you! Thank you for the birthday wishes...we feel so blessed with the gift of our sons...God is so good.
    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...