Friday, October 1, 2010

Could Someone Please Explain To Me...

What happens to fathers
when they become grandfathers???

I can remember growing up...
One of 10 children...

With so many of us living together in one home...
Organization and rules were important.
(Especially when you have only one bathroom!)

My father was kind and loving...
but strict.
His life example taught us about
taking responsibility...
working hard...
respecting your elders...
following directions...
doing our best...
learning from our mistakes...

Can someone please tell me what happened?

I left my youngest son
with my father last Saturday.
I naturally expected that Samuel would
help Gramps with chores around the house.
Boy, was I wrong!

Instead, I came home to find that they had
spent the afternoon...
building this.


A Mini Marshmallow shooter!

Apparently, while cleaning out the shop...
They came across some extra pieces of pvc pipe...
And decided to get creative!


 
And, no, I can't place all the blame
for the destruction of my son's moral character...
solely on my father...
My mother provided the mini marshmallows!


 
Imagine my surprise...
Upon opening the door...
And experiencing a direct hit in the nose...
from a little white ball of puff!

The two of them had spent the afternoon...
Having contests to see who could shoot it the furthest...
and hit certain designated targets...
Real character building activities!

Honestly, I have to admit...

I can't wait to be a grandmother!!!

"Children's children are the crown of old men;
and the glory of children are their fathers"
Proverbs 17:6

5 comments:

  1. We made these years back with our youth group. Grandparents can get away with it because they get to send them back home, LOL. Let the marshmallow wars begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - loved your post :) ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments...my dad is so great...he just loves being a grandfather. My
    sons absolutely adore him and my mom...just like I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I would think being a grandparent is just the best...I am really looking forward to becoming one :)

    Blessings,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I love it! ;o) That's wonderful! There are times for deep conversation and times for lighter fun times to help strengthen relationships :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...