When you live in the woods...
You have to get used to predators.
We are cautious about our hens...
We don't let them range free if we are not at home...
He serves a purpose...to keep away the mice.
Because we know what can happen...
so soft and cuddly???
So...today...
We are missing Kitty.
He has been gone for almost a week.
Sometimes he has roamed in the past...
But never for this long...
Our minds tell us that he
has probably fallen prey
to some creature of the night...
But our hearts continue to pray that he might
just be on an adventure...
Perhaps with Mr. Moose.
"Hear my prayer, O Lord,
and let my cry come unto thee..."
Psalm 102:1
"Hear my prayer, O Lord,
and let my cry come unto thee..."
Psalm 102:1

Mrs. Wiley,
ReplyDeleteWe also have had so many cats 'disappear' like that. And we have heard rumors of cat-eating animals around here, i.e. fishers. Every time we replace one, we always make such a pet out of it and think that *this* cat won't disappear. We did have one beautiful black cat that disappeared for (I think) a couple weeks or so, but turned back up- very skinny, but alive! I hope yours returns to home sweet home.
Christianna
Dear Miss Christianna,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your sweet sentiments. We have lost kitties before...it was always heartbreaking...but understandable. We have fishers around here as well. Once, a person vacationing here on the road took one of our cats home! She returned the next summer...it was quite a surprise! We are still hoping that kitty will show up...he was a great mouser.
Thanks again for your encouraging words.
Sweet blessings,
Mrs. Laura
Oh Laura,
ReplyDeleteThis is sad but so true when you live in the country. I am sorry that you are missing your kitty...I pray that he does turn up.
Having a great mouser is just perfect when it comes to barns.
Blessings dear friend,
Maria
Oh dear! :o( That's not good! I will pray that your kitty comes home!
ReplyDeleteDear Friends,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your words of comfort and encouragement...my boys are missing their kitty...but we are hopeful that he will return.
Sweet blessings,
Laura
I'm sorry that I'm so late in saying so - but I wanted to tell you that I can definitely empathize in the pain of missing a kitty. Hard as it is to 'know' what happened to them, the not knowing sometimes feels harder. But there is always that hope that he'll be back someday. I have friends who had a cat return after two years!
ReplyDelete