Outside...splitting wood...
Again....
but almost finished.
It was just about time
to break for lunch...
When I looked up...
My husband's eyes were as big as saucers...
"Look...but don't move," he said quietly.
Standing, not 10 yard from us...
Was our unexpected visitor.
Apparently, he had stopped by for some lunch as well.
He stayed for about an hour.
I was a little upset that he hadn't offered to help with the woodpile...
But I believe that he had plans
to stop by my mom's
for a cup of tea.
"And God said,
Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind,
cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind:
and it was so.
And God made the beast of the earth after his kind,
and cattle after their kind,
and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind:
and God saw that it was good."
Genesis 1:24-25






Haha! Aren't moose great! :o) I love that Maine has Moose crossing signs! :o) When we lived in CO we used to have Elk in our backyard and front yard a lot! It was amazing to see over 200 elk walking and eating! :o)
ReplyDeleteHere in the North, it is farm country, so we have cow crossing :)
ReplyDeleteThe moose looks great just like that show many moons ago...Northern Exposure.
Your wood pile is looking very nice dear friend!
Maria
Dear Friends,
ReplyDeleteIt was so amazing...looking up and seeing this incredible creature so close...I didn't even have the mind to be frightened of him. He was so tame...I truly believe that I could have walked over and petted him...although my husband warned me not to get any closer. We just stood there for the longest time and he just watched us...he was so beautiful. What a treat for us on a hard working day!
Blessings,
Laura
what an amaizing gentle creature you are so blessed to be living so close to nature and close to God ,living in the countryside really allows you to truly appreciate what this earth has to offer that God has created for us and all of it's creatures, bless you
ReplyDeleteWow!! That's really neat that the moose came to pay a visit. Last week on our way to the church meeting we spotted a moose down at our neighbors farm. I have to admit that we did behave like tourists and brought the car to a standstill in the middle of the road, watching it meander across the field. =) For some of us it was the first moose we had seen. Being that we live in New Hampshire, you would think we'd see moose often....but they seem to avoid us! =)
ReplyDeleteHope you're enjoying these autumn days!