A Foggy Friday...
My husband and I split firewood...
All day long...
Just the two of us.
We barely spoke...
Just an occasional glance or a smile.
But we worked together like a well-oiled machine.

Just an occasional glance or a smile.
But we worked together like a well-oiled machine.

It was amazing.
"And the LORD God said,
It is not good that the man should be alone;
I will make him an help meet for him..."
Genesis 2:18
"And the LORD God said,
It is not good that the man should be alone;
I will make him an help meet for him..."
Genesis 2:18
What a blessing you have dear Laura, that you are able to work right along side your husband and be totally content with the work you are doing. Together...that seems to be one of the loveliest words in the English language.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Maria
PS: you sure did a great job!
Dear Maria,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the sweet comment...I do love him so. I thank the Lord for him each and every day. By the way, we still have about as much left to split...but the boys are going to help with the rest!
Sweet blessings,
Laura
How special. You know there are times that those are the best of times...the unspoken times just being blended together in cooking, working outside or whatever it maybe! :o)
ReplyDeleteLaura,
ReplyDeleteThis weekend Steve and I are at a continuing education seminar for him. On Thursday he asked if I would go with him....well with all the trip plans, the neighbor giving us a bushel + of tomatoes and another of apples, clothes still needing to be made for the trip...I thought I couldn't go....but I did...we are listening to the instructor...but we are together....I love it.
There's something about working together that just can't be explained - a special bonding of the souls. I feel for couples who don't experience it. ~Alana~
ReplyDeleteDear Nabila Grace and Alana,
ReplyDeleteIt is so wonderful when we can spend time with our husbands...and so important. It really doesn't matter what you're doing together...
Dear Mandy,
I'm so glad that you and your husband had a chance to get away together...I know that you have been so busy getting ready for the wedding. Hope you both have a wonderful restful weekend together!
Sweet blessings, friends!
Laura
I love to work alongside my husband, too. Marriage is such a blessing!
ReplyDeleteDear Michelle,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear from you! I totally agree...I feel truly blessed to be the wife of such a wonderful man. God is so good!
Have a blessed evening!
Laura