Friday, September 3, 2010

Part of A Team...

A beautiful sunny Friday afternoon...

Today was the first soccer game of the season...

Our son, Daniel is the coach....

But there are other members on this team...besides those pictured in the huddle...

ones that never see any playing time...

Of course, there's Gram and Gramp...who have been to just about every game since Daniel himself played on the pee-wee farm team...


 And, let's not forget, 
the proud papa nervously watching 
from the stands...

By the way, 
I am on the team as well,
 I'm just behind the camera...


 

And then there is Joshua...
who tapes all the games for the team...





 And, of course, Samuel...
 Dan's biggest cheerleader!





Yes, we are all proud members of Dan's team...behind the scenes perhaps...but important none the less. For we are there to support him...in his attempt  to build and strengthen qualities in these young men...qualities such as patience, perseverance, dignity, kindness, honesty, commitment,  teamwork, integrity...qualities that he hopes will go with them throughout their lives. And he prays...each and every day...that they will see Christ in him.

We are there to celebrate with him in his victories...

and to comfort him in his losses...

Today...we celebrated in the victory...

"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore run, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway."I Corinthians 9: 24-27


"... run with patience the race that is set before us ..."       Hebrews 12:1-3
         

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Laura ~ How very true! We as a family...also work as a team and we have those behind the scenes who help to strengthen and support our family...such as our church family... friends...dear sweet blogging friends...neighbors...even those we meet along the way. Some we don't see everyday...but we know they are lifting our family up in prayer...a sweet email or a phone call to offer encouragement and just being there for one another! Working as a team is so very important! You have such a wonderful family and so much to be thankful for. With God being at the head of our team...we all will win! Weekend blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely comment, Teri, and so true. We are all part of God's team...and need to remember to encourage and exhort one another on a daily basis.

    On a side note, the coach of the other team was a friend of Daniel's...and it was very difficult for us to see his team struggling so.He just has a very young team. I was very proud of Daniel's boys...they made every attempt not to run up the score...and all his beginning JV players got to play most of the game...which doesn't happen too often on most teams.

    I do feel so blessed with the family that God has given me...both my family at home...and the family of God. And I am so very grateful for friends like you!
    Blessings on your day...my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great reminder of the importance of everyone. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Laura, I agree with you. Even though we are not the ones playing, our children know that as long as we are there, we are supporting them 100%.

    Thanks for sharing...

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, that is such a great post! You are right about that. Our kids learned that so well while debating. My Jacob worked so hard to help new debaters even while at the top of his 'debating' career. He researched so hard building briefs of info on each case and then shared them all with his club. Watching him coach my youngest son who didn't have the 'knack' for debating was the best thing that I as a mother thought he got from the four years of hard work. Teamwork is the heart of a good family too. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ladies,
    Isn't it amazing the different ways our children learn from us...direct teaching, sideline coaching, gentle support, good examples, stories...the list goes on. They are such a gift to us...a gift we need to cherish.
    Thank you all for your lovely comments!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...