Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day...

It is Labor Day...


My husband is home from work...

And yet he labors on...

To provide winter warmth for our family...


And I know that I am truly blessed.


"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach,
because we trust in the living God,
who is the Saviour of all men,
specially of those that believe..." 
I Timothy 4:10

8 comments:

  1. Yes, your husband needed to do the wood splitting because to him, it is not a job...but a joy to be able to take care of his family!

    Thank you for sharing dear friend,

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maria,
    He is such a good man...always watching out for us and taking care of us...and teaching his sons to be men of God. I am blessed.

    Have a wonderful day, my friend,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Laura, Isn't God so good to give us husbands..faithful, strong, and unswerving in their devotion to provide for our families! I'm so proud of your hubby--you can tell him I said so!

    My dear hubby spent the day cleaning his workshop and making room for a hurricane pantry just for me. We don't want to get caught unprepared this time. We weren't totally unready last time..but there were things we wished we'd had in place and didn't. He installed an a/c in the workshop so he can work on my daughter's hope chest. He's from up north and can't bear the heat and humidity. I was just amazed watching him cut a whole right through the wall and then trim it out and pop--in it went!

    He's going to help me replace the molding flooring in the laundry room and re-route the pipe. It's so tiny we can barely open the dryer door!

    Thank goodness for helpful hubbies!

    Thanks for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Donna,
    I'm simply amazed at all the projects you and your family have accomplished this summer! You are truly an inspiration!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. PTL for husbands! My husband has been helping me so much since I am the bread winner right now with him in school. He helps cook if I can't and helps with the kids when I'm not there. And also what I appreciate the most is the wise counsel and understanding that he shares with me when I ask. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura~
    So nice to get to come to your place ~ Thanks for the sweet comment on the apron.
    Gentleman Farmer and I did a little firewood cutting this weekend, also! He severely 'pruned back' a sickly old maple tree in hopes of reviving it come next spring. We'll see ~ in the mean time ~ lots of wood to measure, cut, split and stack. We should have enough for a mighty long, cold winter or two! He likes to be prepared! Prov. 6:6
    And I like to be warm! :~P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Laura and thank you for visiting my blog, I have been looking in on your blog and I see that you have been having great family time, You are surely blessed ,fall is comming and you are sure lucky to be living out in the country and your hubby is doing a wonderfull labor of collecting wook for the winter to warm his family it is a true blessing take care , theodora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Maria,
    Just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers, if you read this. I noticed that you have deleted your blog...I am praying that everything is fine with you and your family. Hope to hear from you, friend.
    With love and prayers,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...