Monday, September 13, 2010

The Gift...

My husband's favorite chain saw is as old as the hills...
He's had it for as long as I've known him...

I think he only paid $5 for it at a yard sale...

It doesn't always work too well...
In fact, more often than not, it doesn't work...

He tinkers with it...
He sharpens the blades...
He gets frustrated with it...
And puts it away in the woodshed for another day.

But, since we heat our home primarily by wood,
he returns to the woodshed,
And tinkers some more...

Such was the case this weekend...
Until our son came home...
With this...
A gift...
From a son to a father...
Simply because he loves him.

And I am reminded of another gift...
Involving a Father and a Son...
Simply because He loves us...

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:16

6 comments:

  1. That is more than love, that is a Husqvarna saw! I have been enjoying Dan's writings "for the record" and wondered how Josh is doing? I know he isn't so much the writing type, and probably pretty busy, but I enjoy his insights and hope to catch up with your boys sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thought. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how wonderful is that! There is nothing more precious than receiving gifts from those we love :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to be thankful for...such a wonderful father/son relationship. Our son and "daughter" do so many loving things for us too. It is all so very heartwarming!Such a blessing to have kids who think of others before themselves! ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Friends,
    Thank you all for your beautiful comments. My husband and I feel so blessed with the three "gifts" that He has entrusted us with. They make each day for us a joy.
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...