Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Game...

Monday evening...
Dishes done.

Three of my "men" are reading...

One is feeling a bit restless.


"How about a game of Dominoes, Mom?"


Dominoes is a great game for
reinforcing addition and subtraction facts
and for developing thinking skills!

There is a pile of mending with my name on it...
And a good book calling to me...
Some schoolwork that needs correcting...

But all of that can wait.
So, we sat at the kitchen table...

Playing Dominoes.

And discussing everything under the Son...
World events...
Local sports...
Family and friends...
Fall projects that need to get done..
The issue of modesty in our culture...

We ate salsa and tortilla chips...
And cracked "corny" jokes...

The final score...163 to 588
As you can plainly see, I was the 588
If you aren't familiar with the game,
the object is to get the lowest score.

But I was clearly the "winner" last night...

"Yea doubtless, and I count all things loss
 for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord:
for whom I have suffered the loss of all things,
and do count them  dung,
 that I may win Christ"

Philippians 3:8




9 comments:

  1. This is one of my family's favorite game. Dominoes has been played in South America and the Caribbean for quite some time. It is the way we socialize in the afternoons :)

    I am glad that you were able to spend time with your son. These times are so precious.

    Have a blessed Tuesday dear friend,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha :o) I love it! Of course you are the winner! But how precious the time spent together winning or losing! :o) It's something I keep reminding myself that books, dishes, laundry and other duties will always be there but children are only young once... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always "chores" awaiting but that time with your son is precious.
    ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh..this is true Nabila...I have 3 married and in just 33 days I will have another married. This is a very bitter/sweet moment. No longer will they want to stay up talking at night when you want to sleep, no longer will they bring all their cares and concerns to you. This is the time to enjoy it...play the games, take the walks, sing, read stories -- just enjoy. The people are the ones that are important. Thank you Laura for reminding us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ladies,
    Thank you for your endearing comments...you, too, share the love of a mother's heart. If I feel this much love, I can only imagine the love that our Lord feels for us...unbelievable!
    Blessings and love to you all,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Laura. You made the perfect choice and made precious memories with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura thank you for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment,I love how the quilt turned out ,I half heartedly gave it ,but I had promised that I was going to make a quilt so I was more than happy I to give it, you know how that is , I also played dominoes with my boys when younger and other board games which was so much fun and I cherish those moments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Laura,
    What a lovely evening. You choose the best. Good, better and best. He will remember. I love to play games with my children. Two are married now and I miss all of us being together in the evenings. Enjoy this time, it does go by very quickly.
    I love the background for your blog. Perfect for the rhythm of the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so love how you spent your night! It sounds so wonderful. My son communicates like so many teenagers! "Good" is what he says to every question you ask him and thats about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...