Saturday, August 14, 2010

Old Ones Die...New Ones Born...



A funeral...

and a baby shower...

all in the same day...



An emotional roller coaster, for sure...

It is days such as these that remind me how very precious each and every moment is.

How very important it is to not live our lives in fear and uncertainty...afraid to take chances...or wait too long...because we might fail...

Tonight, I am weary...

But He is more than able...

"I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God." Psalm 69:3

7 comments:

  1. Laura,
    Our family has also had an unexpected death this week. It is hard enough for those who have the Lord, but for the ones that do not...it is very hard...because they(at this point) have no hope. This week for our family will be a funeral, several birthday celebrations, and a"shower" for a couple about to embark on a new life together.
    Your post is very thought provoking. Today is the day the Lord has given us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're going through this difficult time. I have learned to try to cherish each day.
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I was writing about a time several years ago. It was very much a learning time - just as you've said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Laura ~ So very sorry for your loss! It does show us how precious each moment is! A baby shower...such sweet new beginnings! It does make one stop and ponder how we live our lives. On a lighter note...thank you so much for your sweet comments on my "little space"...such inspiration and encouragement! Sweet blessings for your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ladies,
    Thank you so much for your precious comments. I continue to bless God for the "sisters" He has brought me through blogging.
    May God continue to richly bless you all,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your sad loss! Saying goodbye is never easy no matter how old the loved one or even knowing you will see them again one day.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent a prayer up for you just now.
    Life is hard but God is good.
    Peace & Blessings~
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura,
    I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost a dear relative and rejoice with the birth of a new baby. It seems it's that stage of life for many of us. My prayers are with you.
    Love,
    Donna
    Comin' Home
    DC's Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...