Wednesday, August 18, 2010

F.R.O.G...

Time for evening chores....

Removing dry clothes from the clothesline...watering the gardens...checking for eggs before closing the "ladies" in for the evening...grabbing a few "select veggies" for tonight's salad (don't you just love veggies fresh from the garden?)...

Part of the daily routine around here...





Still...there is always time to stop and to marvel at God's small wonders...






My youngest found this little critter on his way to the spring to get water for the "ladies". Of course, we had to stop and check him out...you just never get "too old" to frog (or toad or snake...) hunt around here!


I remember my youngest had a T-shirt given to him when he was just a wee one that had the cutest little picture of a frog on it...with the following saying...

F.R.O.G...Fully Rely On God!

Wonderful words of wisdom...but do I really do that? Or do I just rely on Him for the things that I cannot control? As "keeper of the house"...I am used to taking care of things...making sure that our days run like a well oiled machine around here...

But is this "fully relying on Him?"

Just a thought as the sun goes down on the coast...


"Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it..." Psalm 127:1

4 comments:

  1. I love your thougths this morning. For my home to run organized it does take setting my priorities in the order God has set up....
    Yes, I would say the Lord is building your home and directing your day.
    God Bless,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Virginia,
    I always appreciate hearing from you...you are a constant source of encouragement!
    God bless you,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what F.R.O.G. stands for...but I can't honestly say that I FULLY rely on Him...often I try to do it MY WAY...and it messes everything up!!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far Our Lord keeps showing me to take one thing at a time...it is not easy to listen to these wise words...F.R.O.G ~ fully rely on God!

    Excellent :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...