Friday, August 13, 2010

Lowering the Net...

More fellowship with family...Pennsylvania departs...Vermont arrives!

My sister, brother-in-law, grandniece, and grandnephew arrived Monday evening from Vermont to spend the week with us.






Little Noah...only 5 years old...watching...
wanting so much to be like his "older" cousin.






I caught a glimpse of them playing basketball...Samuel scrunching down to "Noah height"...letting him steal the ball...









lowering the basketball net so that Noah could make a "dunk shot"...







And I wondered...How often do we realize that people may be watching us...looking at our example...our lives...our witness...perhaps thinking that they want to be like us?

Because we are representatives of Him...we need to be ever mindful that folks do watch us...and we need to constantly strive to never do things that would embarass or disappoint our Lord and Savior.

Seems that I find more and more that, although we try to live a simple life that is honoring to God, some may find our lifestyle "intimidating"...simply because they really don't understand us...or Him.

We need to be aware of this...and make every effort to "lower the net" and invite many to be a part of the "glorious catch". For we are all called to be "fishermen".

"And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake."
Luke 5:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...