
I love to make dolls. I make these little "lovies" using two socks.

I made these felt dolls for my parents.

I like to find old dolls at thrift stores or yard sales, make new clothes for them, and then give them away as a gift to some little girl.

My mother knows how much I enjoy dolls. For my birthday, she found this old child's rocking chair and this doll at a salvation army store.
Mom is always watching for old dolls. Last week, during our evening Bible study, we heard a car outside. It was just beginning to get dark...so this was unusual for us. My parents came through the door. They had been out shopping and to dinner, and my mom had found a treasure at the Goodwill store...an old doll for $1.99! She was just beautiful...except for the one big inkspot on her dress (which was probably why she was so inexpensive).

"I just love her little face," my mom said. "Perhaps you could make her a new dress. But before you do, spray a little hairspray on this inkspot...I've heard that it will dissolve ink."
Well, I had never heard that before...but I was willing to give it a try. Unbelievable! The spot came right out! And the dress...well, after a washing...it looked brand new.
You know, I'm so thankful that mom didn't just pass by this doll because her dress was "spotted". And I'm thankful that the hairspray "washed" away the inkspot.
But,more importantly, I'm thankful that our Lord and Savior doesn't pass us by because of all of our "spots and blemishes". He loves us despite of these...and He longs for us to come to Him...with all our faults... to wash us clean...and by His blood we will be made righteous.
"But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" I Peter 1:19
These are just so beautiful! I love dolls too but I don't make them. I just admire them! I love these!
ReplyDeleteI also love to get old dolls and make clothes for them , I took a class on marionett making a while back and I have a small collection of old wooden dolls that I find at the flea market , I also love dolls!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Laura!
ReplyDeleteAren't collections fun?? I have a special fondness for American Girl Dolls, but make and collect snowmen. Closest I get to making dolls!!!
I really wanted to just comment on your previous post. I really love the analogy of the lettuce and your husband. I would have just pulled it out, but the Lord brought thoughts to you that put things in a great light and it really touched me. Just wanted you to know!!!
Have a great week!
Holly
What a beautiful post!! I'm glad God doesn't look over me because of my spots and blemishes....if He did...I'd be totally on my own!!! Love reading your analogies!
ReplyDeleteI love dolls, and sewing for them too. It is amazing the TREASURES that are underneath something old and worn.
ReplyDelete