Thursday, June 17, 2010

It Really Works!

Just a quick note to let you know that we have witnessed first-hand that the "pest-aside" solution I use really does work! I wished that I had been with it enough to grab my camera...but I was so surprised that, well, no photos. We have been using this spray for about 3 years or so...and though we knew that it kept bugs away...we couldn't be absolutely sure about the animals...since we had never seen any in the garden. Until last evening! We were just about to sit down to our Family Bible Time when my husband happened to look out the living room window. In our front garden...just about to walk through...was a big, beautiful doe! She stopped at each row...walked through corn, potatoes, carrots, radishes, beans, onions, sunflowers...sniffed each one...but never nibbled on a single plant! We were simply amazed...we were pretty sure that it kept the animals away...but had never seen proof positive...for all we knew, nothing had found our garden yet. It was a relief to know that it worked! Just thought I'd share...if you are bothered by "pests"...just thought I'd post the recipe again.

My PEST ASIDE! Recipe
What you need...
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 cups boiling water
5 gallon garden sprayer




Mix ingredients together in bowl with lid, cover the mixture and let it set overnight. Believe me, by morning this will stink!





Strain mixture through cheesecloth to catch any unmixed powder. Pour into garden sprayer and then fill sprayer to the top with warm water.





Spray anything that you want to keep "pest free". Because of the taste, critters won't touch the plants!

I usually spray about once every two to three weeks...or after a heavy rain because the mixture will wash off.

I buy the cheapest variety of spices...our Renys,Walmart, and Dollar Store carry these for 50 cents each. A very inexpensive and non-toxic pesticide!

On another note, as we were watching this beautiful creature...I was thinking of Psalm 42:1...if she takes a nibble of any of these plants...she surely will be panting for the water brook! It made me realize, as my family spent time in the word of God, that I needed to be searching diligently for "food" to feast on, and to be "panting" after His Word.

"As the hart (deer) panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God." Psalm 42:1

5 comments:

  1. It's so nice when things work!! This is a great recipe. I should send it to our neighbor down the street. We have a marmot issue and they keep eating his new petunias. Might work there, too. Can't beat the price, right?

    Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mine in a plastic bowl ready to use!!! Thanks so much for letting us in on your secret!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, if that isn't a praise report on what works on pesticides! I'm ever so thankful about my garden and as I work diligently to control the pests, I'm ever so reminded in how we have to battle the enemy in our own lives. our gardens (spiritual life) needs tending to every day as well!

    I'm very interested in your spray bottle. Any particular store where you purchased this at? I have gone through a number of my own (cheap) spray bottles and they seem to lose their ability to spray after awhile. Maybe I'm needing to strain my ingredients and this is causing a clog? Either way, your post is very motivating, and how neat you got to see that doe! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real nice recipe I will pass it to my mom she keeps a nice garden, I live in the city ,in an apartment which I dislike ,but my business is near oh! well ,but its nice that I get to read about your's it's as though I am participating .take care theodora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? That's all that is in your spray? Amazing! We have a fence around our garden which is taller than me to prevent the deer from nibbling as nothing else worked. Nothing.

    Maybe I'll try this spray early next spring when the deer nibble on my early flowers and shrubs...

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...