"What is that in the woods?" you may be asking yourself. Well, that is our cistern(no pun intended). It holds the water that comes from the natural spring on our land.So, in fact, it is our "well", since we have no dug well. The water is piped underground from the spring to our home, and we also have a little overflow spigot that folks can draw water from at any time.There is a really special story about this spring. For many years, it was the only source of water for the folks on our road. At that time, most of the houses were summer camps (and still are for the most part)
and people would come to this spring to draw the water that they needed. I can remember, as a small child, pulling my little red wagon down the dirt road with my brothers and sisters to fill up buckets so that we could have water at "camp". The spring was just an old barrel with a broken wooded cover over it. We would have to pick out the leaves and dead twigs from it each year. But it kept many a folk supplied with water all summer long.People depended upon that water...and it was always there...supplying for all those in need. In much the same way Christ supplies our "living water"...
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. John 4:14
So the years went by, and progress happened to our little dirt road, and everybody got their own dug well. Everybody, that is, except for us. We still have the spring that never goes dry. It has supplied more than enough water for our household, and is there for all others in time of need, for the past quarter century and I'm almost sure that it will still supply long after we are gone...if the Lord tarries.

Our property, in fact, is loaded with springs. This one is our source of water for our garden and our animals. We feel so blessed that God continues to meet our daily physical needs. But more importantly, we are ever thankful that He provides us with "Living Water"...and that never runs dry!God is so good.
Laura,
ReplyDeleteOur propery is loaded with springs as well! And we have also marveled that the Lord would put us here, and in turn we have tried to "pour" into all who come. From what we've heard we are one of the state certified emergency springs. So we hope that if there is ever a need for our spring in that way, that the Lord will allow us to also give the Living Water to those that come. I LOVED this post!!! And isn't the water great!!!!???
Blessings,
Lindas in GA
Wow..Laura! What an interesting story! We have a well but no springs. There are some nearby, but nobody taps them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by. I left a reply to your comment on my blog, and I just uploaded a printable version of the Monday menus and housecleaning challenge.:o)
See you later!
Hi Laura, you came to my front porch for a visit and I followed you to your bloggy home! What a lovely blog, I did sign up to follow and shall visit often. Nice meeting you.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Plain Pam
Dear Pam,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for visiting...I just love your blog. I am continually amazed at how God draws his children together!
Dear Linda...
Yes, the water is absolutely wonderful! We lose power on our road quite often in the winter, and so it is such a blessing to have that source to draw from when we need it.
Thanks for commenting!
Dear Donna,
I checked out your recipes...my boys love meatloaf...but I've never made it in a crockpot! Think I'll give it a try! I'll let your know how it turns out! Thanks for sharing!