
It's morning in Maine...
and the fog has settled in over the harbor.

I am out on my daily walk. I can smell the ocean as the mist surrounds me...such an incredibly wonderful salty smell...clean, breathtaking, refreshing...I am totally convinced that Heaven smells just like this.

Although I feel sorry for vacationers when this happens...I have to admit that I love it when the fog envelops us here on the Point...it almost feels like Heaven's blanket of protection from the outside world.

Yet I know, as a Christian, it is important that I do not go around living my life "in a fog", for these are dangerous times, and it is ever so crucial that we are obedient to God's Word.
"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves..."
2 Timothy 3:1-2a
Wow, what a beautiful place!
ReplyDeleteOh, such pretty pictures! Thank you for sharing! Blessings for your week! Hugs ~ Teri
ReplyDeleteLaura, I love the way described your home and your walk. I love my walks in the woods...but I would love to be walking where you are too! It sounds wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment this morning! Have you ever considered posting your pictures bigger and centering them? My friend, Shona Cole, of An Artful Life, talked to me months ago when I was first blogging about how my pictures were the most important part of my blog. And to put them in the center. Of course, I was using mimima stretch so when I put pictures to the right or left they literally were 12" apart on some people's screens!! Yours looks great that way, since you keep them in the middle, but I can tell they must be very pretty. I'd just like a closer peek at them! :o)
I finally downloaded MW Snap (a free screen capture program) and now when I take high resolution pictures, I make expand them as big as I want them on my screen (for me X-large, for you that would be large) and then 'capture' it and save it. The resolution is then perfect but at the bare miminum. That way they don't take too long to upload.
My camera really takes huge pictures! I know we can click on the picture to see it at it's full size, but I wanted to let you know about this other option. Shona is a professional photographer and was my blogging mentor. I had never thought about my pictures at all before.
Anyway, I'm going to go back and click on all of yours so I can see them closer up.
You write the sweetest articles...so thoughtful and I love the way you bring out the Lord's perspective on each one..
By the way your blog background is gorgeous!!! Oh and I LOVE that you use a quilt as your ID picture!! I'm always so pleased when I see that quilt on a comment...I know exactly who it is! My newest bloggy friend!
PS. If you like my quilts, you should check out my sewing/fabric art blog (if you haven't already..I'm thinking maybe you have)..DC's Creations.
I'm GIVING AWAY that quilt that you commented on!! Shabby Chic Cottage is hosting a huge giveaway and every item has to be worth $25.00 or more. My wall hanging was made of antique reproduction cloth as a replica of a 1920's quilt. I made it for my grandmother and it's hung quite pristine for five years and is as fresh as ever. The color doesn't go anywhere in my house though and none of the kids wants it. I hate to part with any quilt..I get so attached! Keep in touch! The details will be up soon!
What beautiful pictures...and a great reminder to live purposefully in the Lord!
ReplyDeleteHi, Laura --
ReplyDeleteI just read your comment about living in Midcoast Maine. We're in Brunswick, but have also lived in Portland and Camden. Small world!
Stay cool today!
Laura, we just found your blog and I read most every post. Glad you have found a new way to meet others, to encourage them to see the Lord's work in all things, and to encourage families.
ReplyDeleteWe pray that you will find fellowship in your little home church, that others with a passion for the Lord will join you, and that opportunities will come to share the Gospel, too.
Thanks for bringing a few pictures of chickens, rope mats, and the beauty of Maine to the web. We miss you and are so glad the Lord is using your family for His glory.
Yes, we are living in perilous times, but God is walking with us in the midst! I love walking and enjoying the sights and sounds of God's creation. His handiwork screams that He exists. Evolutionnists ARE the ones walking in the fog! Great post!
ReplyDelete