Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Beautiful Feet

This past week has been a busy one around our home as I was preparing for my niece's baby shower. I always enjoy making and giving handmade gifts...especially for new little ones!

This week I was finishing up some little booties for the new baby. Don't you just love a baby's precious little feet? They are so beautiful.

I found a wonderful website that had many free baby bootie patterns (http://www.makeforbaby.com/directory.php?directory=Shoe).

This website has some very user friendly patterns for adorable baby booties. I downloaded one pattern in particular and made a template.



Using an old suede belt that I had acquired somewhere (in a bag of craft goodies from a yard sale, I believe) I made a pair of moccasins...complete with beads!





From an outgrown (but not outworn!)pair of my son's jeans I made these little jean booties.



My mother and I had a wonderful time traveling together to the shower and then spending time with family and old friends. Everyone "oohed and aaahed" over the new mother-to-be and all the adorable little gifts for the little one.



As we departed for our journey home and gave those final hugs to loved ones that we would probably not see again until perhaps the next baby shower...I thought about this new little life coming into the world with his adorable little feet. Where would those feet take this child? Would he rely solely (no pun intended) on our Lord Jesus Christ? How could I help minister to my niece when we lived so far apart?

And so I prayed...and left it in the Lord's hands to show me how to use my "feet" to be a Godly influence on this little life.

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7


And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! Romans 10:15

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Laura! I just oohed and aaahed over the booties myself. And then, as you are so good at doing, you brought a message through it. Would we all have beautiful feet today, and the rest of our lives!
    Thanks,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing...such sweet baby booties! You sure have been keeping busy...such a cute idea! So inspirational! Simple blessings for your week! Teri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...