How often on days such as these we pay tributes to Mothers...wonderful poems and messages that touch our hearts and bring tears to our eyes...for Mothers are so precious to us.
But this morning, my thoughts wander a bit...from the love of a child for his mother...to the love of a mother for her child. This all started with the orchid.
I was finishing up some laundry yesterday afternoon when my mother and father arrived. In my mother's arms was a beautiful orchid.She had remembered an off-handed comment that I had made a very long time ago when we were in the grocery store (they had beautiful orchids for sale). I remarked on their beauty and how I had never thought about getting one because I wasn't sure if I could keep it alive, and besides, they were so expensive...but weren't they just beautiful! A little comment made such a long time ago...and she remembered.
With a big grin on such a little woman she cried, "Happy Mother's Day!"
Do children ever truly realize the depth of the love a parent has for them? Perhaps we do, when we have children of our own. But sometimes,even then, I don't think we get the connection.
Do we truly realize the love of a Father who would send his son to die for us?
Oh, that I may not be so caught up in the things of this world that I will ever forget the depths of a parent's love.
Happy Mother's Day, Momma...I love you so.
What a precious story about the orchid!!! Oh, that my own Momma would do things like that. I love my Mom so much....but....growing up was very difficult for me. We had such a rough relationship due to her depression (which I didn't understand for many years). Even now, she is very self-absorbed...but I understand her better today. I'm so glad you have such a wonderful relationship with your own Momma. Hope you have a blessed, happy day with your family!
ReplyDeleteLaura ~ This is so heartwarming and brought tears to my eyes as I read it...so, so very beautiful! Sweet pleasures and simple blessings for your Mother's Day! I want to thank you for visiting my "little space" and for the sweet comments! Hugs to you! Teri
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet post and "no" I don't think we could ever appreciate His gift to us to it's fullest extent. Enjoyed your blog I came over from farming on faith...I'll be back!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post. I am so glad you had a wonderful evening!
ReplyDeleteI love this post! So true! Loving our children is so all absorbing and so precious. I posted a poem about this very thing. I wrote it one afternoon when the incredible feelings of being a mother just overwhelmed me. I couldn't help it. I had three whole precious souls relying on me and I suddenly felt I could never do enough for them or be enough. I think we get closest to the heart of our Heavenly father, when we experience that genuinely giving love for our children. Don't you?
ReplyDeleteThanks for leaving a comment! I was so blessed by it today. :o)
Dear Ladies,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for all the wonderful, encouraging comments. Relationships are so important and special...we are so blessed to be wives and mothers...and, of course, daughters of the King!
Special love and blessings to you all!
Laura
Thank you so much for letting me know about the garbled mess on my blog. Blogger has been doing that to my posts lately...I have no clue why, or if I'm doing something different. I don't realize it if I am!! I finally got it to post right after copying and pasting into a word document then putting it back into a post. Thanks again, dear friend, for praying for me...my dear friend, Ms. Evelyn and her daughter, Kathy sure do need our prayers!
ReplyDelete