Friday, April 30, 2010

Right At Home


No, this chicken is not dead. She is merely resting. And, yes, this is my flower garden. This "lady" considers it her second home. Most days,she is content to just lay there, roll in the dirt a bit, and scratch and peck for bugs. More often than not, she leaves my flowers alone. Not a typical place for a chicken, but she feels "right at home".

Much the same as we feel about our family worship right now. For many years, actually since we were both very young, my husband and I grew up in a local church. We continued down this path in our married life, raising our three sons and playing an active part in all the ministries of the church. But God had other plans for us, you see (as He so often does), and a little over a year ago He began prompting us to worship at home, as the New Testament churches did.

So, now we worship in a way that is not so typical for midcoast Maine. We trust in the Lord that He will direct us and will introduce us to others that may want to join us...if it is in His will. In just the past two days, my son Joshua had two different people that he mows for ask him where he worships and he was able to tell them about our "home church".

Coincidence??? I think not.

God is good and we feel "right at home".

P.S. If you attend a home church, I would love to hear about your experience!

6 comments:

  1. I love chickens! I've raised so many! I love when the go sunbathing. They look so funny! You can see some of my chicken babies on my weightloss blog, Gettin' Thin Together. Thanks for signing up to follow my blog!

    We attend a 'family integrated' church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Donna,
    Thanks for sharing how your family worships. We have heard good things about "family integrated" churches. They certainly seem more in line with how Jesus taught us to worship in the New Testament.

    I'm going to check out your other blogs...thanks for joining mine!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to learn you have a blog now!! Congratulations!
    I can empathize entirely with having the chickens in the flowerbeds... Ours tend to be a little more destructive though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Miss Kate,
    Thanks so much for the cograts...it took me a long time to get up the courage to "blog"...I was a long time "looker" of other people's sites...but never thought I could do it. I love it!
    I understand about destructive chickens...we have several that will eat the majority of my flowers once in bloom...so when that time comes they are confined to our movable pen (it's on skidders...works like a charm!)
    Thanks so much for commenting...it was so sweet of you!
    Blessings,
    Mrs. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know nothing about chickens...except that my Mamaw and Papaw had them when I was growing up and I had a fondness for the little black chicks...oh, I loved the yellow ones, too...but those little black ones just seemed to not get enough attention. I think I saw a bit of myself in those little chicks!!! I'm sooooo glad you found me....I truly believe God brought our blogs together!! Have a blessed day...and week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Deb,
    I agree that God had His hand in this...and I am looking forward to sharing lives together for a long time! Funny you should mention the little black chickies...we have several black hens and they seem to be really timid. Our other "ladies" boss them around and steal their food. Luckily, my boys have taken a shine to the black ones so they do get a lot of attention at our house! Hope to hear from you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...