Friday, April 30, 2010

Precious Little Gifts

Mom stopped by yesterday morning to bring some veggie peelings to the "ladies". Our hens just adore my mother...she brings them treats almost every day and talks to them as if they were her grandchildren. I was just finishing up on an etsy order for two baby hats.

.I just love making things for little babies. Baby items are always so adorable and fun to make and usually don't take much time because they are so small! Mom remarked about this as she "oohed and ahhhed" over the hats. "He won't be able to wear these for very long," she sighed. Mom should know, she raised 10 children.

I was then reminded again how very short our time is with the special "gifts" that God has given us and how we need to be very careful with that time. My "baby" is now taller than I am and will probably be driving within the next year or so. Our time on earth is so short...praise God that we have eternity with Him to look forward too!

However, one of the nicest things about coming from such a large family is that almost always someone is expecting a new precious "gift" from God. My niece, Erin, and her husband, Greg, are looking forward to their first baby in June.


Mom and I are heading for the baby shower in Massachusetts in a few weeks. I have been working on all sorts of baby items. Right now I'm starting some little booties. They are similar to this pattern.

I also found this old wooden rocking horse (another thrift store gem!) that I am going to fix up and refinish. Erin will just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...