Tuesday, November 10, 2020

All That "Mat"ters...

How I love weaving rope mats…

I make these mats from recycled

float rope…

Our local fishermen primarily used this type of

rope on their lobster traps…

Because of changes in fishing regulations…

the lobstermen must now use a combination of

float rope and sink rope…

So much of  "old" float rope ends up in our local landfills…

I have been blessed that some of our local

lobstermen are more than willing to

share their “old” rope with me…

Rather than throw it away…

This is just a small sample of some

of the rope I have acquired…

Today was such a beautiful day…

60 degrees in November with a

slight sea breeze…

As I was working on a mat…

My thoughts drifted to all the

“unrest” going on in our country…

the pandemic,

the election, 

the rioting,

the job loss…

the list goes on and on…

Sometimes it can become oh so overwhelming…

And as my eyes gazed at the beautiful blue sky

And gorgeous autumn colors…

I was reminded that the divine will of

God is truly all that “mat”ters…

God is in control…

I need to trust that His hand is in all of this…

And surely this is what

 “mat”ters most…

“Wherefore be ye not unwise,

but understanding what the will of the Lord is…”

(Ephesians 5:17).

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for your visit to my corner of the world. It's so good to meet new people.
    Here in Cornwall the fishermen use similar ropes on their boats, but I've not seen anyone weave with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Elizabeth!
    Thank you for stopping by! I also make baskets from this rope...here in Maine it is so plentiful because of the changes in regulations...I so enjoy new crafts!
    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I do so love to make them!
    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Laura! Good to see you blogging again! So much difficulty, sorrow and stress in the world around us, indeed. What a blessing that you are able to take these leftovers, and create such beauty out of them! You are so talented! The mats are gorgeous, and how wonderful it is to be reminded that all that really MATters in this world is our soul. It is all we can take with us. May the blessings of the Lord be with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Marilyn,
    Thank you so much for stopping by...so lovely to hear from you again. As we all struggle to trust that God is in control...I pray that we will not get discouraged.
    Sweet blessings to you and your family!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good evening Laura
    I’m so glad you commented on my blog and I re-found your sweet blog.
    Your mats are wonderful and especially nice that you are recycling cord that won’t work for fishing anymore.
    2020 has been quite a year - I know God has it all under control, without that faith I couldn’t even get out of bed every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Rhonda,
    I feel as you do...especially this year! I have to remind myself daily to look for all the little blessings every day...no matter what the circumstances...
    Sweet blessings to you and your family,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...