Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Too Cozy?

Is it possible to become "too cozy?"


My dear friends,
I think that, perhaps, as we learned this winter...
this is indeed possible...


We had been blessed with very mild weather
this winter...
Only two very minor snowstorms
the "here today, gone tomorrow" type...

A woodpecker becoming very "cozy" in our tree!

After last year,
this was such a relief...
And perhaps we did begin to get just
a bit "too cozy"...


For, just two weeks ago,
we were hit with two rather large storms
in less than a week...


Well, what better reason to stay inside then...
Where it was nice and "cozy"...
And make...

For Daniel...

You guessed it...Cozies!

our resident soccer coach!

More specifically,
Reversible Microwave Bowl Cozies!

For Samuel...

They are so easy to make...
and really do keep your hands from getting burned!
I spent one afternoon making quite a few
as valentine gifts...

our resident mechanic!

No, this pretty one
wasn't for Joshua...
His was all camo...front and back...
Our resident hunter!
Just forgot to take a picture...
(smile)


There are many tutorials for these on the internet...
I would mention, however, that it is important
that you use all cotton thread, cloth,
and batting.

Speaking of getting "too cozy"...
One of our dear neighbors passed away
last week from an illness he had
suffered with for many years...

 Thinking that I had "all the time in the world"
to talk with him about our Lord and Saviour...
Sadly, I missed my opportunity...

I had let myself become "too cozy"...
I can only pray that I won't
ever let this happen again...



"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. 
For what is your life? 
It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time,
 and then vanisheth away..."
James 14:4

7 comments:

  1. Definitely.. I have been too cozy. We too, have had an unbelievable winter [not much of one at all].
    Wonder how many times I have missed my chance to talk to some one about God. SO very sad.
    Hope you and family are doing well. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning, Dear Judy!
      It is so good to hear from you! I have been such a bad blogger friend...seems as though I've been too busy to sit down at the computer! My family is doing well...hope that you and Kenny are also feeling great and spending time together enjoying each other's company! Mom and Dad are still going strong...just celebrated mom's 93rd birthday...so amazing!
      Love and hugs to you my friend!
      Laura

      Delete
  2. Greetings Mrs. Laura,
    It's been many years, since I visited your blog. I was overjoyed to find that you are still writing interesting blog posts encouraging others into a closer walk with the Lord. I love the spiritual analogies that God has taught you and are willing to share with your readers. I was blessed especially by the blog post entitled "Never Too Late." There are actually so many good examples in the Bible. We find that personal sacrifice is sometimes necessary. I love the story of Abram fighting off the vultures all day long and the story of Jacob wrestling with God all night long. And then the story of King Saul waiting seven days but growing impatient and being disobedient to Samuel's command, and the curse which followed. God wants us to enjoy the good times, but also to persevere through the hard times by trusting and depending upon Him. We probably all wish to live an easy, cozy life, but as God's children it is simply not possible. We would never grow in our trust and dependence upon Him. I love the lyrics to the Christian song "Through It All."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by again for a visit! I just love all the stories in the Bible where God proves time and time again to be faithful...we are so unworthy...yet He is so loving. I, too, love the lyrics to "Through it all..." Just knowing that He is always with us...in every trial...is such a comfort.
      Have a blessed day!
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete
  3. Good morning, sweet Laura! Ah, what a delight to pop in for a visit :) We, too, have had a mild winter and right now spring is trying to come early. I have this fear that we are going to get a huge snow storm right when all of the snow is gone {{smiles}}

    Your little cozies are so charming! What a clever idea.

    Thinking of you and wishing you a lovely day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, dear Stephanie! So nice to hear from you...you always brighten my day! Yes, I too am getting "spring fever"...thinking about the gardens...the new chicks coming...the warmth...the blessings...
    Hope you are all doing well!
    Love and hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I love the idea of cozies for the microwave! A wonderful gift too! As far as being too cozy, I enjoyed your musings about the subject. I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor, and I've wondered too if I've missed a chance to share the gospel with someone after they've passed. Some I have and they weren't receptive to it. I appreciated your encouraging thought about this today. May the Lord bless you in all you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...