My son called recently and asked
if I would take a look at his
sweetheart's sewing machine...
sweetheart's sewing machine...
Her grandma had given it to her
when she was just a little girl...
but she hadn't used it in quite a few years.
Thinking about doing some sewing
for their upcoming wedding...
she took it out of the closet...
only to find that the needle would
not go up and down properly...
I wasn't familiar with this particular model...
But have had singer machines in the past...
So...I did a little research
(Don't you just love the internet?)
and found some troubleshooting ideas
that really helped!
Afterwards, I gave it a good cleaning
and then remembered that I had some
old attachments which just happened
to fit this machine...
I made a little lined bag
to hold the attachments,
the foot pedal, and the cord.
I also added
a package of bobbins,
some spools of thread,
and a new package of needles...
because, as we all know,
you should always start
a new project with a fresh needle!
Then, because the machine didn't
come with a cover...
I made this little lined one
out of some "stash" woven fabric.
(I just love the big pink dots!)
This was a super easy project...
Same idea as a market bag
turned upside down!
I am so looking forward to
see what projects she has in mind...
Now it's time to focus on some of my own
unfinished projects...
Because that is exactly what
cold winter days are perfect for!
"She seeketh wool, and flax,
and worketh willingly with her hands..."
Proverbs 31: 13
What a terrific mother-in-law this girl is getting!
ReplyDeleteYou are too sweet! I had such fun with this project...and loved getting the "old girl" to work again! Made me feel like I had a little bit of my son, Sam's, mechanical ability! :)
DeleteLove,
Laura
You are so very sweet.. I just know, your DIL is going to love you..
ReplyDeletethe little bag and sewing machine cover is gorgeous..I need to make me one.ha
Thanks, Judy...like you, I really enjoy making things for other people!!! Now I really need to focus on finishing up some of my own projects...and I might be calling on you soon!
DeleteLove and hugs,
Laura
Oh my friend, you are just wonderful!
ReplyDeleteYou are so sweet, Maria...thank you for your kind words...
DeleteLove,
Laura
I agree, you son's sweetie is getting a wonderful mother-in-law :) You are a darling!
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings to you, sweet friend!
Thanks, Steph...I am just so excited to be getting a "daughter"! Can't wait to spoil her with frilly things...for some reason, my sons never got excited about those sorts of things! "smile"
DeleteLove and hugs,
Laura
Laura, you are so sweet and certainly went to the extra mile ( or should I say stitch?). I hope she can do lots of sewing
ReplyDeleteShe is so excited to have her machine working, Rhonda! We have been talking about making bridesmaid's dresses...I can hardly wait!
DeleteHappy New Year!
Hugs,
Laura
You will make a wonderful mother-in-law. I'm just sure of it.♥ Warm hugs, sweet friend.
ReplyDeleteOh, Mel...I am just so thrilled! We've been talking about making dresses and wedding plans and all sorts of things! She is such a sweetie!
DeleteHappy New Year, my dear friend!
Love and hugs,
Laura
How wonderful of you to help out your DIL in this way! I have been dusting off my sewing machine recently, doing some much needed repairs to clothing, and got inspired to do some sewing. I hope to see more of your work! I love your site, by the way, and hope to visit again soon!
ReplyDelete