I must admit...
I just love to bake goodies.
Cookies are a long time favorite around here...
especially any with chocolate chips.
These are oatmeal raisin/chocolate chip
that I made on Saturday
for church and Father's Day...
You can probably guess that I
keep quite a supply of chocolate chips
on hand in the freezer...
I thought I'd share with you today
a neat little way to keep them
from spilling out of the bag
once you've opened it...
All you need is an empty plastic bottle.
Cut the bottle in two...
about 2 inches down from the top.
I like to put duck tape around the edge...
because that's the way we do it
on the coast!
Cut the top off your bag of chips...
it's okay to nibble a few!
Feed the bag through the bottle
from the bottom...
Pull the bag down over the top and
either wind an elastic around it...
or duck tape it...my choice!
Your chips will pour out
as needed...
Then, put the top on
and store til next time!
Sometimes...
Keeping something
"bottled up"
can be a good thing...
Such as chocolate chips.
But all too often,
We keep things
"bottled up"
inside us...
Pain, hurt, fear,
rejection, anger...
And this is not good.
Our Lord wants so much
for us to turn to Him...
for comfort, and healing,
and guidance...
and He will "pour"
out His Love...
"And God shall wipe away
all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no
more death,
neither sorrow, nor crying,
neither shall there be any more
pain:
for the former things are passed away..."
Revelation 21:4









Your cookies look delicious! And what a clever idea to keep your chocolate chips in a bottle. Also, I enjoyed the scriptures too. : )
ReplyDelete-Sarah
Thank you, Sarah! I find this a great way to keep them in the freezer right on the door...always handy! So glad that you enjoyed the scripture verse...hope all is well with you!
DeleteSweet blessings,
Laura
Now.. aren't you a smart lady... Such a fantastic idea.. i keep chocolate chips in the freezer all the time too.. so, this hint is perfect..Thank you for sharing. and for always putting God into your post..Love it!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Judy...it really works for me. Although, I have giant "mice" who are able to open the freezer and unscrew the top off the bottle to nibble on a few chips every now and then...so I have to keep plenty of bags on hand! :)
DeleteHope you have a great day at camp today...I'll miss your help!
Hugs,
Laura
Thanks for the handy tip! I love to smell cookies baking in the oven. Wishing you a day filled with blessings.
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by, Mildred! I love the smell of fresh baked cookies, too...almost as much as I love eating them!
DeleteHave a lovely day!
Laura
hello laura,
ReplyDeleteyour cookies look delicious!!!!!! chocolate cookies are our favourite!!! but i like also chocolate-raisin cookies or oatmeal-raisin cookies. thanks for the great tip!!
can you write in german?
i wish you a wonderful day,
blessings regina
Thank you so much for stopping by for another visit! I'm sorry, but my german is a bit rusty...I do remember a bit of it, though. I'll have to brush up on it!
DeleteEinen schönen Tag!
Laura
Hi Laura,
ReplyDeleteYour cookies look delicious, and thanks for the smart tip on storing chocolate chips!
Thanks for visiting me today,
Blessings and enjoy your week,
Anne♥
You are very welcome, Anne...hope it works for you! I so enjoyed visiting your blog...I will be back soon!
DeleteSweet blessings,
Laura
Chocolate chips...
ReplyDeleteFavorite!!!!!
I think I know what my Peyton will be whipping up soon!
Thanks for stopping by, Billie Jo! I know...chocolate chip cookies are my favorite! I don't even need the recipe...I can make them in my sleep!
DeleteHugs,
Laura
Oh yummy! I wish I lived nearby so I could come over for some sweet fellowship and some "sweets." :) I was just thinking earlier today that I needed to make my hubby some cookies since he finished off the last batch a few days ago.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your helpful tip - what a clever idea!
Happy weekend, sweet lady!
I wish that you lived close enough, too, sweet Stephanie! We share so many interests...we could have such a fun time together! Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, dear friend!
Delete