Today...
I was a woman on a mission...
I had a list of 12 items
that I wanted to accomplish
before nightfall...
I was only on No. 4...
And it was almost noon.
I was headed for the
Department of Motor Vehicles
to register my son's "new" truck...
When I came upon a sign...
"Road Construction Up Ahead..."
I could feel the stress
settling into my shoulders...
Suddenly, I remembered that I could
take a little side road that went
up over the hill...
As I rounded the corner...
I came upon this little parade.
All I could do was smile
as the tension slowly melted away...
Although I tried to keep my distance...
Mama and Papa heard the car motor
and hustled their sweet little babes to one side...
I sat there and watched for a moment...
Not caring in the least
about items no. 4 - 12
on my list...
The Lord used this little "detour"
to bless me...
and to remind me...
That there are more
important things in life than lists...
And to get me back on "the right road!"
"A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps..."
But the Lord directs his steps..."
Proverbs 16:9



Good Morning, Laura. How very darling. So glad you had your camera to share this sweet scene with us.
ReplyDeleteGod bless your day.
Thank you, Mildred! We had it in the car because we were recently at a tennis match that my son, Daniel, coaches.I just couldn't resist!
DeleteHave a wonderful day!
Laura
Oh, Laura, that is so so precious!! What a sweet family. Yes, there are many things more important than lists. I need to be reminded too sometimes!
ReplyDeleteI need to start remembering to take my camera with me when I go out. There have been many times I've seen something I wanted to get a picture of, but couldn't because I didn't have my camera with me.
Have a wonderful day, my sweet friend!♥
I know what you mean, dear Melanie! There have been so many times when I wished I'd had a camera in the car...perhaps I should get an inexpensive one to leave in there! :) Hope you have a wonderful day, as well, dear friend!
DeleteHugs,
Laura
How sweet, Laura! I too think there are things more important than lists. Although I do have a LONG list!!! God always reminds us to slow down and enjoy life. This was a nice post to read today.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Dear Kathy...I am the forever "list maker!" I sometimes have lists for my lists! "smile" But seriously, you are so right...we need to slow down and give thanks for all the blessings...or we'll miss them!
DeleteHugs,
Laura