I just love this sign...
You'll find it on a little building
located in the town of Friendship...
which is just down the peninsula
next to ours...
(source: pinterest)
This month,
we've made several treks down this peninsula...
Why???
Well, we had been searching for a "new" vehicle
and discovered this little wagon for sale...
Owned by an older couple
who wanted a new vehicle
and just wanted to see their old volvo
go to a "nice" family...
These folks truly exemplify the above sign...
They were completely honest about
the exhaust work they thought
needed to be done to it...
Took excellent care of the wagon and
kept meticulous records of prior work...
The gentleman drove it to our mechanic's shop
so that he could "check it out..."
Called us later when he found the jack in his
garage...and dropped it off!
![]() |
| Love the heated seats! Perfect for this cold winter! |
Accepted our very low offer...
Threw in four brand new studded
snow tires on rims!
![]() |
| Because...it's Maine...and it's snowing again! |
And, of course,
Once again, the Lord is so Good!
The "exhaust work" that it needed
was something our "resident mechanic"
could take care of at minimal cost!
What a blessing to have such a gifted son!
What a beautiful reminder to us...
That "friendship' is so much more important
than "how much we can get"
out of someone...
These kind folks have become our "friends"...
And plan to stop down soon for a visit!
Wouldn't it be nice if we all had the sign...
"Friendship is Here"
hanging on our houses???
"And as ye would that men
should do to you,
do ye also to them likewise..."
Luke 6:31





What a blessing! Yes Our Lord is so good... He takes care of every single detail of our lives :0) in His Love, Maria
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by, dear Maria. Yes, the Lord is good...and He does care about all of our needs!
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
Sweet blessings,
Laura
A very nice story to read tonight, Laura. I'm sure you will have made some nice friends. Most people would be trying to get more money. I'm glad there are good people in the world and love reading about them. God bless them.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
We feel very blessed, Kathy. We have been looking for a vehicle for awhile now...something small enough for me to feel comfortable driving...yet big enough for my husband to feel comfortable sitting in! (He is very tall and broad shouldered!) This was such an answer to prayer.
DeleteHope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Laura
How wonderful.. you needed a car and found a friend included. God is awesome..He does supply our needs.
ReplyDeleteDear Judy,
DeleteSo good to hear from you, dear friend! Hope all is well with you and Kenny. Yes, we were so excited to find this little "gem"...it is just the perfect size for me...my chick food and shavings fit right in the back! :)
Have a blessed weekend, dear friend!
Love,
Laura
Laura, It is a blessing to meet you. Thank you for your kind words on my post. What a blessing to read about your new car and new friends! God is so good. You live in such a beautiful area. I look forward to visiting often. God bless, Mildred
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by, Mildred! I so enjoyed visiting your blog...and look forward to many happy returns! Yes, we do feel so blessed to live in such a beautiful place...life is slow here...gives us time to appreciate His goodness.
DeleteSweet blessings, new friend!
Laura
I could not find your email so I wanted to come back and offer my deepest sympathy to you in the loss of your brother. I will be reading back through your posts and I will keep you in my prayers. Mildred
ReplyDeleteOh, Mildred, thank you so much! It has been a difficult season for my family...we miss Gary so much...but look forward to seeing him again and know that he is without pain in the comforting arms of our Lord.
DeleteHave a blessed weekend, dear one!
Laura
What a wonderful blessing, my dear Laura :) God truly does look after us and provides what we need. So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteAlso, thank you for the sweet comments - I always love hearing from you! Hugs and blessings, friend!
Hello, dear Stephanie!
DeleteIt is always so nice to have you stop by for a "visit!" We do feel so blessed to have found this car...and these new friends...it is always such a blessing to see how the Lord provides for us each and every day!
Have a wonderful weekend in your new home!
Love,
Laura
Laura, you made my day this morning when I checked my comments and found a new friend. Thank you so much for your interest in my "hope chest" project. I do hope you will join me in this adventure. Give me a little time and I'll be reading your previous posts.
ReplyDeleteOh, Charlotte...so glad you stopped by for a little visit! I'm really excited about joining you in this little adventure...we'll have to share pictures of what we are making!
DeleteSweet blessings,
Laura
Good Sunday Evening Laura, I did not have your email but I wanted to say thank you for your prayers for Kaedyn. Thank you for sharing Samuel's story too. Hope you have a cozy evening; I know the evergreens are gorgeous draped in fresh snow!
ReplyDeleteDear Mildred,
DeleteThanks so much for stopping by! We are praying for little Kaedyn...for wisdom for the doctors and for healing of her little ears. It is our hope that this is exactly what is needed to relieve the infections she has been suffering with.
Have a wonderful week!
Sweet blessings,
Laura