We still had 4 baskets and
a bag of small potatoes to put in cold storage
when my adorable little niece visited on Saturday...
![]() |
| Planting the seed potatoes last spring... |
She was quite facinated with all the
different colors and sizes...
different colors and sizes...
| | |
| a view from the roof during our roofing project! |
She was curious as to where we got
so many baskets of potatoes...
So I began to tell her about our potato garden...
| The first hoeing... |
After showing her some pictures
and explaining how the potatoes grow underground...
She got a curious look on her face...
"Auntie, why did you put all
the little potatoes in this bag?
the little potatoes in this bag?
Are you going to throw them away?"
I explained to her that those small potatoes
were very important...
That they were our "seed potatoes"
and that next spring we would plant
them in the garden to get new bigger potatoes!
| What a year for potatoes! |
I've often heard folks use the term
"small potatoes"
in a rather negative manner...
implying that a person or thing
was of little significance, importance, or value..
implying that a person or thing
was of little significance, importance, or value..
But the Lord teaches us the value of
"small things..."
Remember the parable of the mustard seed?
"The Kingdom of Heaven is like
a mustard seed planted in a field.
It is the smallest of all seeds,
but it becomes the largest of garden plants;
it grows into a tree,
and birds come and make nests in its branches..."
Matthew 13:31-32
May we never disregard
the importance of
"small potatoes..."
| Getting ready for next spring's planting! |
“He who is faithful in a very little thing
is faithful also in much;
and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing
is unrighteous also in much..."
Luke 16:10

I do like some new boiled potatoes. Pretty garden.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your sweet comment! My husband loves boiled potatoes, as well! I really like mashed...and potatoes in chowders!
DeleteSweet blessings,
Laura
Hello, dear Teri...I've missed you! It was so nice having my niece visit with us...she's a little doll! Hope all is well with you and yours!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Laura