Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I Have "Egg"celent News!!!

The call came at dinnertime last evening...

It was my brother, Gary.

He had spent the day at 
the Dana Farber Institute
undergoing a battery of tests
to see if the chemo and 
the clinical trial drug were having
any effect on his cancer.
 
Working on some toys to donate in Gary's behalf...

Through tears he told me that
the hospital had just called
with the results.
The huge tumor in his arm
has shrunk considerably.
The smaller cancerous tumors
in his liver and stomach were even tinier...
And the tumors in his lymph nodes
are GONE!

Praise God!

Gary thanked me over and over
for all our prayers...
and I am passing this thanks on 
to you, my sweet friends.
Thank you so much for all your
fervent prayers...

For although he still has a long road
ahead of him...
This is truly a miracle.



"Continue steadfastly in prayer, 
being watchful in it with thanksgiving.."
Colossians 4:2


10 comments:

  1. THANK GOD!!!! I am shouting in Ms.. God is awsome.. this is the most fantastic news.. thank you for sharing.. Give Gary/Nancy a big ole hug for me , when you see them..
    I love your stuffed toys ...tooo cute..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered what that loud noise was that I heard outside! LOL! Thank you so much for being such a dear devoted friend...we are all rejoicing over this...and give Him all the glory. We know that things can change in a moments notice...but when we heard 4 months ago that it was renal cell carcinoma in stage four (which is almost always fatal)...we knew that the only way for healling would be through the power of the Lord.

      Thanks for your sweet comment on the toys...they were supposed to look like chicks/eggs... I've gotten some pretty funny comments from my guys here... think I'm going to do some revamping on the pattern!

      Take care...I'll write today!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. What wonderful news, Laura!! I'm so happy for him and the whole family.
    Those little toys are so sweet! I'm sure they'll be a hit! You did a great job on them.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all your prayers, Melanie. You have been a wonderfully supportive friend through all of this. Gary told me that now he can take anything this old chemo can dish out (he's been quite sick)...which is music to my ears!

      I'm going to make a box full of toys to take down to the benefit for Gary to donate to the Dana Farber children's ward... to thanks those who have been so wonderful.

      Hope you all are doing well...give Miss Katie a hug for me!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  3. Such wonderful news, Mrs Laura, we are so pleased to hear how your brother has improved, all praise to the Lord! Trusting and praying for his complete healing.
    God bless you and your family.
    Jessica & Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear girls,
      I can't wait to tell my brother that he had dear folks in New Zealand praying for him! Thank you so much for your kindness.

      Hope you are both well! When are you going to start a new blog from New Zealand? I can't wait to see pictures!

      Love,
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete
  4. That is such a blessing to hear! I will continue to keep him in my prayers. I hope the benefit dinner goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Miss Melinda!

      We so appreciate the prayers from you and your family. This certainly has been wonderful news this week...and we are so grateful how God has chosen to touch Gary's life in this way. He is telling everyone he knows it is because of all the prayers...what a testimony! He also know that these results are no guarantee that complete physical healing will take place...but rejoices in every extra day that he gets to have with his family.

      Hope you and your family are well...and that your dad had a pleasant trip back to Oregon. How's the garden coming along?

      Sweet blessings,
      Love,
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete
  5. That is the best news I can think of!!!! I will keep praying for Gary and all of you.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Kathy, for being such a dear friend and for all your continued prayers. We are so happy about this news...rejoicing in the continued goodness of our Lord!

    With love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...