And neither did I!
My nose just wasn't
cooperating yesterday...
After opening the second
new box of tissues
I decided that my blog post
would just have to wait
another day...
So,
Happy Valentines Day, Ladies!
Lately, in the evenings,
keeping warm by the fire...
I've been working on
some "heart" projects...
One of my older sons
had a special gift for
his sweetheart...
And asked if I could
make a little cloth bag
to put it in...
I made it out of
some vintage material
in my "stash"...
![]() |
| I couldn't resist little hearts on the drawstring! |
My youngest son
has a sweet little friend
who absolutely loves
elephants!
Recently, I made her
two little felt elephants...
One is a key chain...
The other...
A hair clip.
He asked if I could make
her a blue stuffed elephant
for Valentines Day...
Naturally, out came
the vintage "stash" again!
The beautiful flowers in
the background were from
my special "sweetie!"
God has blessed me abundantly..
For this I am so very thankful...
They say that
"elephants never forget..."
May we be like the elephants
and never forget those
whom we love so dearly...
"May you never forget,
What is worth remembering...
Nor ever remember
What is best forgotten..."
~An old Irish saying








You are a very sweet lady/mom/wife.. The cake is so pretty as is the flowers..
ReplyDeleteI love the little bag and adding the heart drawstrings...is just toooo cute. And what adorable elephants..
Sending prayers for each of you..
Happy Valentines Day, Judy! Thank you for your sweet comments. You are such an inspiration in this area...always making "loving" gifts for your grandchldren! I just love it when you post pictures of the items you've sewn for them! Hope you and Kenny had a very special day yesterday, my friend!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Laura
P. S. If I can shake this head cold...we are making a trip down to see Gary next week!
Hi Laura! Happy Valentines Day! I absolutely love the stuffed elephant, it's just perfect! I have been thinking about venturing into some stuffed animals myself, they're just so cute!
ReplyDeleteGod Bless,
Holly
Dear Holly,
DeleteSo nice to hear from you...thanks for the sweet compliment! The elephant was so much fun to make. I like to get old craft books from the library (we have an amazing interlibrary loan system...all free!). These old books have some of the neatest ideas and patterns! I think you would do well on etsy with stuffed animals...just go for it, girl!
Hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day as well!
Sweet blessings,
Laura
Such lovely Valentine's Day gifts, Laura! You are definitely blessed.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Dear Kathy,
DeleteHappy Valentines Day to you and yours. Your comment is so true...the Lord has blessed me tremendously...sometimes I selfishly forget this. His Love is so amazing.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Love,
Laura
Aww those elephants are so cute. And the hearts on the drawstrings are a perfect touch.
ReplyDeleteHow blessed we are indeed!
~Cinnamon
Hello Cinnamon!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your sweet comment. I agree, we truly are blessed...we only need open our eyes!
Have a lovely Sunday,
Laura