For the past few months
my father has been busy
restoring old chairs...
(you can read about it here...)
After he finished this chair,
He decided to give it to
my sister-in-law, Nancy,
as a gift for her birthday.
When my brother, Gary, saw it...
He asked my dad to follow him down cellar.
There, tucked away in a dusty corner,
was an antique desk that had belonged to Nancy's mother.
She had picked it up at a flea market
when she was first married...
They estimated the desk to be
about 100 years old.
"Do you think you could restore
this to match the chair, Dad?"
my brother asked hopefully.
So, of course, my father did.
After he finished it,
we decided to make a trip down
to deliver it...
Another "mission of restoring..."
For Gary was just about to
begin his chemotherapy
and we wanted him to know
that we love him...
that we are here for him..
and that he is always in our prayers...
To "restore" his confidence
that the Lord will be with him through this...
"For I will restore health unto thee,
and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord..."
Jeremiah 30:17



Wow...what an amazing dad and what an amazing husband Gary is. I felt tears streaming down my face ,as I read this.And I could just feel the emotion that Nancy felt ,when she recieved this special, special gift.
ReplyDeleteThey are beautiful. Sending prayers for Gary and his family..
bty, your blog looks beautiful. I think it can not get any prettier, and each time, I like it better.. So jealous of your skills.
Dear Judy,
DeleteThank you so much for your sweet comment. I can't believe that my dad is going to be 90 this year...he is just so talented! I am amazed at the work he does. Nancy and Gary just love the desk and chair...they both came out so beautifully. We had a wonderful time visiting with them again.Thank you so much for your continued prayers!
Love,
Laura
Hi, Laura~
ReplyDeleteYour dad did such a beautiful job on the desk! I'm sure Nancy loves it! How thoughtful of your brother. I'm continuing to pray for him.
Hope you're enjoying your snowy day.
Hugs to you, my sweet friend. :)
Thanks so much for your sweet comment, Melanie. He does do such lovely work...everyone in the family just adores getting something homemade from both my mom and my dad. They are definitely two talented people!
DeleteThe snow has stopped and the sun is shining...it is so beautiful outside! But...the temp. is dropping rapidly...even my chickens have goose bumps! (or should I call them "chicken bumps"???) LOL! We are in for a frigid night, they say. I've been keeping the wood stove going all day...so it's nice and toasty warm inside!
Hugs right back at you, my dear friend!
Laura
What a beautiful gift your dad and Gary have given to your sister-in-law! Priceless!! I will keep Gary in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Thanks so much for dropping by for a visit, Kathy, and for your continued prayers. It is so encouraging to know that friends are praying for Gary all over the country. We certainly feel the love...
ReplyDeleteSweet blessings, dear friend,
Laura
Dear Laura...first of all...thank you so very much for all of your sweet comments! I loved each and everyone! Such lovely work that your Dad does ... just beautiful! Such a precious gift to share! Restoration happens in so many ways! My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family! Sweetest Blessings ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteDear Teri,
DeleteThank you so much for your continued prayers...and for being such a support to all your blogger friends! I always enjoy stopping by your blog for a bit of encouragement!
Sweet blessings, dear friend!
Laura