Yesterday, I received a
wonderful "blessing" in the mail!
A sweet lady named Emily Fay
from "Arise and Shine Forth"
sent me a lovely package!
Inside, there were some
wonderful surprises!
A sweet little note...
Some beautifully fragrant
home-made soap!
And a copy of
"The Complete Dickens Christmas"
form Storybook Home Journal.
Funny...
Not that I believe in coincidences...
But I had just been thinking about
one of my favorite Christmas movies...
"A Christmas Carol"...
I have so enjoyed reading
Charles Dickens since
I was a wee lass...
Here are some of my favorite
Dicken's quotes...
“No one is useless in this world
who lightens the burdens of another.”
"Family not only need to
consist of merely those
whom we share blood,
but also for those whom
we'd give blood.”
“For it is good to be children sometimes,
and never better than at Christmas
when its mighty Founder was a child Himself.”
And, of course,
my very favorite line
from "A Christmas Carol"
spoken by Tiny Tim...
"God bless us, everyone!"
Thank you, Emily Fay
for being a blessing to me today!
And don't forget,
dear ladies,
to sign up for my give-away!
![]() |
| Winners will be drawn Dec. 7th! |
"A faithful man shall abound with blessings..."
Proverbs 28:20a






How sweet... And I don't know a person, that is more deserving than a wonderful happy , like this..
ReplyDeleteKenny really likes the Christmas Carol.. [his favorite Christmas movie] and mine is It's a Wonderful Life.. Since, we both have a different favorite.. We watch both of them,several times a year..
But nothing compares to Tiny Tim. My favorite quotes from him are:
God bless us everyone!!!
and
Just let me stroke it!! [when he wants to stroke the goose]
Now... I am ready to go watch it.ha
How is Gary? Sending prayers for him and your family.. May God be with you all.
ps I love your new page..It is so pretty..
Jimmy Stewart! Just the best, Judy! I love that movie too! Don't you just want to take Tiny Tim home though?
ReplyDeleteGary is not doing very well...and needs prayer big time. Got a call from mom last night that they've stopped treatment...don't know why...will talk with them today. Thank you for holding us up to Him at this time...you are such a good friend.
Have a blessed day!
Love,
Laura
Dear Laura...sending prayers for you all! Love & Hugs ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Teri... prayers are much appreciated at this time, sweet friend!
DeleteLaura,
ReplyDeleteI have been busy all day, and just got a chance to check on Gary, I am soooo sorry to hear that he is not doing well. As soon as I get off this computer, I will go straight to my knees in prayer.. I pray that God touch each of you and I pray that He holds Gary in His loving arms and that Gary feels His loving touch as , he has never felt before. These things are so hard to understand. I am praying for strength, love and His tender mercy for each of you. Hugs. Judy
ps Email me.. I lost your email adress when my computer crashed.. I hate filling your blog page up.My email adress is on my blog.
I'll write this morning...
DeleteThank you, dear friend,
With love,
Laura
What a sweet "blessing" you received, Laura! I love "A Christmas Carol" too! I have 2 favorite versions of the movie- the George C. Scott one and the Mickey Mouse one! That one is a cartoon, but it's so good for kids to watch that has the same meaning. I am still praying for your brother and his family and you. Enjoy the Christmas season!
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Dear Kathy,
DeleteOh, I love the Mickey version too! There are so many great take-offs on the original "Christmas Carol!" Just pop a big bowl of popcorn...curl up by the fire and the tree...and enjoy the message!
Have a wonderful week,
Love,
Laura
Laura,
ReplyDeleteYou are the winner of my blog Giveaway at http://breannasknitbits.blogspot.com
I was unable to send you an e-mail. Please contact me at teachloveread(@)hotmail(dot)com. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Congratulations.
I am so excited! I will contact you right away. Sorry you couldn't get through to my e-mail. Thanks so much for hosting this give-away!
DeleteSweet blessings,
Laura