Good Morning, Sweet Ladies!
You always know it is spring
on our little farm
when you hear the sweet peeps of...
baby chicks!
Cute...aren't they!
But this morning...
I'd like to introduce you to
another member of our little farm...
One who is a constant visual reminder
of an important lesson...
Meet Rambo Chicken...
Affectionately named by one of
our elderly neighbors...
Apparently after some adventure movie
Apparently after some adventure movie
which I've never seen...
Because, you see,
Because, you see,
Rambo Chicken lives in the wild
All by herself...
Over a year ago,
Over a year ago,
She decided to move out of the chicken coop
permanently...
And has lived on her own
And has lived on her own
roosting at night in a pine tree
ever since then.
This is Rambo's home in the woods...
the other "ladies" stop in
whenever she is foraging for food!
Now, thus far,
Rambo appears to be able
to survive just about anything...
Such as...
Being picked on by the other "ladies"
in the hen house...
Cold wintry nights
on the coast of Maine...
Native Maine predators
who prowl in the dark...
You might be asking yourself...
why???
Well, you see,
when Rambo was just a chick
she was picked on so much
by the other chicks
that she finally had enough...
and moved out.
Most of our ladies are quite friendly
and will come up to strangers
who stop bv for a visit...
hoping for a little treat!
But not Rambo...
She runs away and hides...
Now, of course,
all of us here know why...
But others might think
that she is just an unfriendly hen.
As I stated earlier...
Rambo is our constant reminder
from the Lord...
How we need to be very careful
how we "judge" those
who seem unfriendly,
or distant,
or rude...
Because we just probably don't
know their whole story.
By the way,
Those of you who have hens
who are laying lots of eggs right now...
One way in which we get
rid of those "extra" eggs
and help our elderly neighbors is
through some old fashioned bartering!
Our neighbors save all their bread
and veggie scraps throughout the week...
Then bring them by for a visit
and a dozen eggs!
You might be asking yourself...
why???
Well, you see,
when Rambo was just a chick
she was picked on so much
by the other chicks
that she finally had enough...
and moved out.
Most of our ladies are quite friendly
and will come up to strangers
who stop bv for a visit...
hoping for a little treat!
But not Rambo...
She runs away and hides...
Now, of course,
all of us here know why...
But others might think
that she is just an unfriendly hen.
As I stated earlier...
Rambo is our constant reminder
from the Lord...
How we need to be very careful
how we "judge" those
who seem unfriendly,
or distant,
or rude...
Because we just probably don't
know their whole story.
By the way,
Those of you who have hens
who are laying lots of eggs right now...
One way in which we get
rid of those "extra" eggs
and help our elderly neighbors is
through some old fashioned bartering!
Our neighbors save all their bread
and veggie scraps throughout the week...
Then bring them by for a visit
and a dozen eggs!
| Sometimes I make some of these little egg cozies and send them in a basket! |
I hope you all have an
"egg"cellent day!
"And be ye kind one to another,
tenderhearted, forgiving one another,
even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."
Ephesians 4:32 



Hi, Laura! I thought you had stopped blogging, but I found you again! This is a very nice sermon about not judging others. I hope Rambo survives and has "friends" stop by and vist. I hope you are having a wonderful spring in lovely Maine.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Dear Kathy,
DeleteOh, I am so pleased that you found my blog again and stopped by for a visit! It's always so nice to hear from "old friends".
We are having a wonderful spring...there has been quite a bit of rain...but today is absolutely beautiful with a slight sea breeze...just the perfect day!
Hope you are well...have you started a blog yet?
Sweet blessings,
Laura
No, Laura,I have not started a blog. I don't think I'd have much time to devote to it plus I don't think I'd have too much exciting to talk about! Maybe some day. Does Josh still have his blog? If he does could you give me his site? I remember he had such a nice informative blog.
DeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Oh, that's too bad, Kathy...I hope that you do start one some day...I'd love to read about what life is like in Illinois! Josh is taking a little break from blogging right now...he's quite busy with his business and other things. I'll let you know if he starts it up again!
DeleteHave a wonderful day!
Hi Laura,
ReplyDeleteWe are having those sweet little chickens in our barn too.. Adorable..
Rambo.. how wonderful.. I can't help but think, that God protects these animals.. the ones that have such a rough time . To make it in the wild..shows God's love. Just as He takes care of a stray chicken...so does He take care of us , his children.
We too are running over with eggs.. How nice that your neighbors help you feed your chickens..so nice..
Enjoyed your post.
Sending prayers for each of you.
Good Morning Judy!
DeleteSo nice to hear from you...I was just thinking about Kenny this morning and wondering how things were progressing with him. Does he have to attend physical therapy at all? I know that can be quite a challenge at times.
I guess I didn't remember that you had layer hens...aren't fresh eggs wonderful! Do you freeze yours by any chance? I'll have to do a post on that soon...it is great for having eggs in the wintertime!
Today is a glorious day here...just perfect for cleaning out the chicken coop! LOL! Hope you have a wonderful day as well!
With love,
Laura
Laura, please share the "freezing eggs".. I would love to do this, we are overflowing with eggs, and I think we are bombarding our children and neighbors with eggs.lol
DeleteKenny is slowly improving.. The hill seems so steep sometimes.. But.. I know God has helped us through so much in our lives. And He will continue. Kenny doesnt do PT, which shocks me? The doctor had told us, he would.But now seems to think it is not a good idea???? He has no reflex in that leg, and it is really weak. He is walking to try to strengthen.. thankyou so much for your wonderful prayers..So appreciated..
take care my friend..
Hi Sweetie!
DeleteI will do a post on the freezing eggs real soon...it is so great for cooking in the winter! I really used to get upset when our ladies slow up in the cold and I have to buy eggs! Then I read a little book from our library that talked about freezing them. Now we have eggs all year long...even if we have a cold Maine winter!
We pray for Kenny daily...I know how hard it is for both of you to watch him suffer so. Walking is such great exercise...I just know this will strengthen his legs and back. And the fresh air is so good for his lungs as well. Please know that you are always in my thoughts...and that the Lord has you both in His very capable hands.
With love and prayers,
Laura
What an interesting story and such a lesson to remember! Cute lil cozies! :o)
ReplyDeletePoor Rambo...she has to be in a pen right now because she will eat my garden seedlings...she is NOT liking this at all!
Delete