The first big snowfall of the season.
Time to fire up the 78' and clear our driveway...
as well as my parents and several of our neighbors.

A fairly easy task with "The Beast...
until the battery went dead
and the brake lines and fuel lines broke.
and the brake lines and fuel lines broke.
Fortunately for us,
Twenty dollars and the young apprentice...
Before we knew it
it was up and running again!
it was up and running again!
"Let no man despise thy youth;
but be thou an example of the believers,
in word, in conversation, in charity,
in spirit, in faith, in purity."
I Timothy 4:12


Laura, so proud the truck was easily and not to costly to fix.. [And thankful for a good son ,who knows how to fix it,ha]
ReplyDeleteThe snow looks pretty.. We have really not had a winter here..Such strange weather. But I know God knows what we need and when we need it.
Stay warm and safe..Sending prayers to each of you my friend.
Dear Judy,
DeleteYou can't imagine what a blessing it has been to find a gentleman who was more than willing to take Samuel on as an "apprentice" as part of his home studies...not only for us...but for Sam. This is truly his calling...and he has been finding ways to "touch" those around him all the time. He often comes home with a story about someone stuck or stranded and how he has been able to help them out. A lady who stopped by the garage recently to have her car serviced commented..."Samuel, you make homeschooling look so coooool!"
We definitely think it is!
Sweet blessings, dear friend!
Love,
Laura
Hi Laura, I have enjoyed strolling through your blog. I wanted to let you know that you are the winner of our February Giveaway at Primitive Star Quilt Shop! Congratulations, you have won our Essentials Star Dance quilted handbag! You can visit our site www.primitivestarquiltshop.com and email us through the contact us page. I will need your shipping address. As always, free shipping is included in our giveaway. If there is anything you are interested in purchasing just let me know and we can send it along when we send you your handbag.
ReplyDeleteHope this can be a blessing for you today!
Jacki
Oh, Jacki, I am so excited! Thank you so very much! I will get that address out to you right away. I really enjoy your blog...as well as your two shops. Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit!
DeleteGod bless,
Laura
Hi Laura...I love hearing how your family works together and how you all help so many...such a blessing to have your sons skilled in so many ways! Such lovely young men! I am happy to say that our son and "daughter" have many old fashioned skills and love learning by reading and by doing! Here in Kansas...we have had the mildest winter...just makes us wonder what our spring and summer will be like! Hope that your evening is warm and cosy! Hugs ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteDear Teri,
DeleteThanks so much for stopping in for a visit! Isn't it just wonderful to have children who enjoy helping out and serving others! So glad to hear that your winter has been mild as well. We've been planning the garden...today is in the 50s and sunny so we are hoping the snow will melt quickly! Are you planning a garden this year?
Have a blessed day, dear friend!
Laura