Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wounded For Me...

I received a gift on Sunday...
It was from my mother and father.

Some of you might remember
that my dad recently hurt his hand...


I found out Sunday that my dad
wounded his finger
while working on a frame for my gift...

He found an old mirror...
Took the frame off of it...
And cut it down to fit this picture.


My mother did the cross-stitching...
She said that the lady in the picture
So reminded her of me...


I plan to hang this in our kitchen...
And I will treasure it always.

A gift...
Given with so much love...

My father remarked...
"I hope that this won't remind
you of my hand..."

I pray that it does...

For I am reminded of another Gift...
Given by a Father...
Which involved wood...
And Hands...

May I forever remember...
That they were both
wounded for me...


 "But he was wounded for our transgressions,
he was bruised for our iniquities: 
the chastisement of our 
peace was on him; 
and with his stripes we are healed."
Isaiah 53:5

15 comments:

  1. Hi, Laura~

    What a precious story~it brought tears to my eyes.♥

    Your mom and dad did a beautiful 'joint effort' job on your picture...one to treasure for sure.

    Yes, we must always remember the gift of our Heavenly Father.

    I hope you're having a wonderful week, my friend.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The cross stitch is lovely! and the frame perfect. I love the way you see life and see Christ in life all around you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, heartwarming post and a remarkable gift. How very special that the gift included items made from the hands of both of your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Laura,

    What a beautiful picture...but sad that your dad got hurt. Now the gift is even more special, just as Our Father's gift to us is.

    Mrs. M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Melanie,

    Don't you just love this cross stitch picture! Actually, the photo doesn't do it justice...the cross stitch is really striking in the black and gold and the frame is soooooo old! I just love it! They are always doing things like this for us...such a blessing.

    Hope you and yours are having a blessed week!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Keri,

    Thanks so much for stopping by! I agree, this is such a special gift. The frame is really heavy...dad thinks it might be oak. It was off an old old mirror...but was just perfect for this cross stitch!

    Hope you are all having a wonderful day!
    God bless,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Linda,

    Thank you so much for stopping by. My parents are always making things with their hands...they are both such creative people! My home is filled with special gifts that they have made just for us.

    Hope you are having a wonderful evening,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to have you visit, Maria. My father's hand has healed so nicely...the doctor that put the stitches in did a wonderful job. You can hardly see the scar now.

    Hope you and your family are having a very blessed week.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Mom,

    I had no idea that Gramp hurt his hand making the frame for your gift. What a great comparison to the gift the Lord gave us.

    Love,
    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Evening Laura...just a short note to you! I just wanted you to know that I have tried to comment on your sweet post today (several times)...not sure what I am doing...but for some reason I cannot complete the process. I noticed that everyone else seems to be getting through...so it must be me! HE!HE!

    Just wanted to say that you are so blessed with such sweet and lovely parents! Their gift to you is precious...a special treasure that you will cherish for many, many years! I hope that you are enjoying one of those "homey" evenings!
    Sweet and Simple Blessings for your evening!
    Love & Hugs
    Teri

    Dear Teri,

    Thanks so much for "going the extra mile" to make a comment through my e-mail! I thought I'd just "cut and paste" it and add it to my comments here.

    My parents are so special...always doing sweet things for all their children...and grandchildren. They tell us that it brings them such joy to make others happy.

    Hope you are having a blessed evening.
    With love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Josh,

    Funny, I never thought to ask him exactly what he was working on when the accident happened...I guess I got too caught up in the excitement of it all. Afterwards, he mentioned that he was "fixing" a frame...but it never dawned on me that he was making a gift. Gramp is good at keeping surprises!

    By the way, I like your new post!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful comparison! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Nabila,
    Thanks so much for stopping by, my dear. I am praying for you...
    God bless,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful picture and frame.. And how wonderful that God has given you such wonderful parents. Love the picture and am really enjoying your blog. God bless.Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Judy,
    Thanks again for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment. My parents are just wonderful...always doing special things for others. I am very blessed!

    Have a wonderful evening,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...