I'm so excited...
I got a package in the mail today!
I feel just like a kid
in a candy shop!
| What a special treat! |
In March,
hosted a whole month
of vintage sheets give-aways...
![]() |
| Thank you so much, Jen! |
And I was fortunate to win
a whole package full
of vintage sheet fat quarters
from Jen
It was wrapped so beautifully
with a sweet little card attached...
![]() |
| I've got so many ideas for these! |
What a wonderful assortment!
And don't you just love that name...
"Little Scraps of Happiness..."
It made me think of all
the "little scraps of happiness"
that the Lord adds to my life
each and every day.
For example,
yesterday I went grocery shopping
with my youngest...
(seems funny to say that when he
now towers a good 5 inches over me!)
We were in the checkout isle...
and Samuel was unloading the cart.
This was our last stop
after running many errands
and I was more than ready to head for home.
We both happened to glance
at one of the magazines displayed
on the rack
at the same time...
The title on the cover read..
The World's Most Beautiful Woman
Without batting an eyelash
Sam looked at me and said...
"Why isn't your picture on the cover, Mom?"
The girl at the register smiled...
And me?
Well, suddenly...
all the cares of
the day seemed to disappear...
and I was floating on air.
Samuel had just given me a
"little scrap of happiness..."
Samuel had just given me a
"little scrap of happiness..."



Oh how beautiful was that? :-)
ReplyDeleteI always say, that receiving a package is like receiving a bit of happiness :D
Mrs. M.
My, what a good mail day you had!!! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun deciding what to make now with your new fabric. :)
ReplyDeleteI wanted to thank you for your very kind comments and for all your prayers for our family! Today was another difficult day on the farm, but I know God will pull us through, as He always does! I am about to crawl under my nice, warm covers for the night, but decided to look who posted today first and am so glad I came to your blog. I needed to read of your happiness tonight.... How sweet of your son to make your day by his comment!
Happy sewing,
~Cora
I love vintage linens and that assortment looks great to create something. You've raised a fine son there. Hope he got a big hug from you. Not in public of course, you wouldn't want to embarass him. ;)
ReplyDeleteGood morning, Laura~
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on winning the giveaway! I can hardly wait to see what you're going to make with all that material! I'm sure it will be beautiful as always. :)
As for Samuel, that was just as sweet as can be...a little scrap of happiness for sure.♥
It is so easy to tell that you and your husband have done a wonderful job with your children.
I hope you have a wonderful day! :)
Good Morning Maria,
ReplyDeleteYes, it was beautiful...and just what I needed at that moment. What a blessing our children are...not just "scraps of happiness" but entire "quilts" that warm us through and through!
Have a blessed day,
Laura
Dear Miss Cora Beth,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for taking the time to stop by...I know that things have been quite hectic for you and your family lately. We are continuing to hold you all up in prayer...that the Lord will give you all the strength that you need to get through these difficult days. I so enjoy reading how your family works together on your farm...such a blessing.
Have a wonderful day,
Mrs. Laura
Good Morning Granny!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by...and for your sweet comment about Samuel. He is such a blessing...and, guess what? He wouldn't be embarrassed to get a hug in public...isn't that something for a teenage boy? He's always giving hugs to the elderly ladies that we know when we are out and about...of course, they are all so good to him...he just loves them all!
Hope you and Grampy are having a fine week!
Laura
Good Morning Melanie!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited about these fat quarters...I've been thinking about the best way to use them...in a quilt...or a bag...or a table runner...or a pillow...or...the list goes on and on! I'm almost afraid to cut them...some of them are so pretty! I'll be sure to post what I make...when I get around to it!
Thank you for the sweet comments about our family. Our boys are such a blessing to us...as I'm sure your Katie is to you and your husband. Children are a wonderful gift from the Lord...and, of course, I'm looking forward to the day when I can add "grandchildren" to that list!
Hope you all are having a great week...school will be over before you know it!
Laura
And you made me cry...what a good boy you have. Trish
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun little surprise for you! :)
ReplyDeletexx Cat brideblu
Dear Trish,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by...and for your sweet comment about Samuel. We think he's a good boy, too! Of course, we might be a bit biased! :)
Have a blessed day,
Laura
Dear Cat,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for visiting my blog! It was a fun surprise for me...I can hardly wait to use some of the vintage linen in my sewing projects!
Have a blessed day,
Laura
:o) Fun package! ;o) But what a blessing your son was to you! :o)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet comment. Our eldest son is nearly 18 and he makes just these kind of comments to me too.... and yes, they make my day too :) Precious x
ReplyDeleteI took a bit of a blog break last week, and am enjoying visiting my favorite blogs. What a delightful post this was to read. Your wonderful fat quarters and the sweet words you received. This just warmed my heart. Have a blessed week!
ReplyDeleteLaura,
ReplyDeleteReceiving packages "full of goodies" is always fun. I'm interested in knowing what sort of projects you have planned for those lovely sheets. :)
Also, I smiled at the heart-felt comment that your son said to you while in the grocery store. I'm sure that you were a happy "Queen Mommy" for a long after you heard those precious words. :)
Blessings,
-L. Rose
Dear Nabila Grace,
ReplyDeleteSo wonderful to hear from you again! Yes, my Samuel is a blessing...in so many ways...just as I know your little ones are a blessing to you!
Have a wonderful day!
Laura
Dear Anne,
ReplyDeleteBoys are always so sweet to their "mamas"...they make us feel like queens!
God bless,
Laura
Dear Miss Linda,
ReplyDeleteI'm "sew" excited about these...can't wait to try them out!
God bless,
Laura
Dear Lady Rose,
ReplyDeleteI always feel like a queen around here...in a house with a king and 3 princes! What more could a girl want?
Blessings,
Laura