Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's Not Just For Babies!

My son's favorite jacket...
You know the one...
Fits just right
Not too heavy
Always looks good on...

Until...
He just happen to get grease stains
all over the front of it!

I had no idea how to get
grease from BBQ chicken
out of fleece...

I tried some of my old stand-bys...
But nothing seem to work.

Til I discovered this remedy...
Baby Powder!


You just dampen the cloth 
where the grease stains are...
Shake powder over the damp spots
and let them set overnight...
Then wash as usual in the morning!

My son was so pleased...
His favorite jacket was good as new!

 
Speaking of babies...
While sitting in doctors' offices
this past week with my dad...
I had an opportunity to make a few of 


Aren't they cute!

You know,
The Bible tells us that we 
should crave God's Word
as a newborn craves milk...

"As newborn babes, 
desire the sincere milk of the word, 
that ye may grow thereby..." 
1 Peter 2:2

But, just as baby powder
isn't just for babies...
neither is the Word of God...
For we are instructed 
to grow up in it...

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, 
ye have need that one teach you again 
which be the first principles
of the oracles of God; 
and are become such as 
have need of milk, 
and not of strong meat.
 For every one that useth milk 
is unskilful in the word of righteousness: 
for he is a babe.
 But strong meat belongeth 
to them that are of full age, 
even those who by reason of use 
have their senses exercised 
to discern both good and evil.
Hebrews 5:12-14

If we only partake of the "milk" of God's Word
Then we will stunt our spiritual growth.
We need to become accustomed to the
"word of righteousness."
We, as believers in Christ,
are called to grow up on God's Word.

How do we do this?
By "feeding" on it daily...
For we all know...
It's not just for babies!

22 comments:

  1. Lovely baby creations, Laura! And what a great tip! I had no idea baby powder would take out grease stains! I need to do some better feeding here at home! I'm not getting my time in w/ the Lord. Thanks for the kind reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Keri,
    Thanks so much for stopping by...and for your sweet comments! I was so surprised about the baby powder...my son actually found the idea after doing a search on the web.

    I think that we all need to concentrate on spending more time with the Lord. So often we put the things of this world first...just because they seem to be more pressing. I have found that when I put Him first, the other things just don't seem to worry me as much or cause as much stress.

    Hope you and your family are having a wonderful week!
    God bless,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful baby hat and blanket! :o) Such a sweet post. Now I am happy to know that I can add another use for baby powder. It is also very good for when you don't wash your hair one day you can dab it on your roots it gives it a bit of texture and dries up the greasy look. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Laura,

    Either my husband or I need to stay inside our home when my Mother in law is in our care as she has mild dementia. It gives me extra opportunities to do more Bible Study and I love that. Isn't it amazing that God can turn a difficult situation around into a blessing.
    What did they do before trusty talcum powder. It also stops ants in their tracks if they try to get into the house. And one more hint. If you have an invalid in the home and they are unable to wash their hair for a time, dust their hair with talc and then brush and it dry cleans the hair and takes the oiliness away.
    Love your knitting.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some cool tips thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Laura! Great words of wisdom and a great idea to remove stains.

    What a cozy little baby cap and blanket! How long did it take you to make them? You just won't allow yourself to get bored, will ya? :)

    Hope your dad is doing well today.

    Many prayers,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Nabila,

    Thank you so much about the hair tip! It is amazing what uses there are for common household products! One of my favorites is white vinegar...it is so inexpensive and can be used in so many different ways!

    Hope you are having a wonderful week!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Gail,

    Thank you so much for stopping by and for the great tip on talcum powder! I do not care for store bought insecticides...so this sounds like a terrific alternative! Another great method for keeping ants from coming into your home is to sprinkle grits around the foundation outside on a sunny day. They will eat the grits...and it expands in their stomach and well...explodes! Not a pretty description, I guess, but it does keep your home from being infested!

    I also appreciate the wonderful comment about your mother in law and additional Bible Study. So often we look on the negative aspects of changes in our lifestyles, when God may have created these opportunities to bring us closer to Him. It seems as though you have realized this...and are using these moments most wisely. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Have a blessed day,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Karen,

    Thanks so much for stopping by...hope the tip comes in handy for you some day! Have a wonderful week!
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Angie,

    So nice to hear from you again! It is true...I always have to have a project (usually more than one!) going. I think this was instilled in me by my nana...she was always working on something! The little baby hats only take an evening to make...they are a quick project for sure! The afghan takes a bit longer...but it is a pretty quick project as well. I can usually crochet one up in a few evenings or so. I do love this pattern...and depending on the colors you choose...it can turn out really differently!

    Look forward to seeing your projects someday soon! And thank you again for your concern for my dad and for your prayers.
    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great tip. I hate it when I get a grease stain on clothing.

    The baby hat is adorable as is the pink afghan.

    Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. I do the bags as a hobby. If I sell them, that's fine and if not, that's fine also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Granny,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments! I do so love your bags...I've got to try making some plarn myself. What a wonderful way to use those plastic bags!

    Have a blessed weekend!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Laura...you always share so many nice ideas...so much food for thought! Your little projects are so pretty! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Laura~
    What a great tip! I will have to keep that in mind! Those greasy stains are so hard to get out sometimes. I'm glad you could save the jacket!
    You did a beautiful job on your projects. Those newborn hats are just adorable!
    Hope you have a great weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. The baby hats are lovely, Laura ~ as well as your doughnut pincushions! Oh, how we do need Him so much everyday, growing in His word so we don't go our own ways.

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Teri,

    Always a joy to have you visit. I was just telling my sister about your adorable tea towels and other finds! She loves antique linens and such as much as I do.

    Have a blessed weekend!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Melanie,
    So good to hear from you, friend. I certainly hope you are turning a corner with your illness...we have been praying for you, your family, church and school. I know how difficult it can be...when you want to get things accomplished...but just don't have the strength. Please take things slowly at first...so many people have relapses after having the flu!
    Have a very restful weekend, my dear,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good Morning Sharon!

    What a treat to have you stop by...and your words are so true! It is so easy to go our own way when we don't keep our focus on the Lord each and every day!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Laura,
    Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog.
    This post is so true, and so important, especially for new Christians. So many times we lead another to Christ, and then he is left on his own, and not discipled and nursed along through the milk stage to a deeper growth.
    Thanks for the tip too! I will definitely try this on my husband's shirts. :-)
    Cute hat!
    Blessings to you,
    Anne♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Anne,

    Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so glad that you didn't stop blogging...I really have enjoyed reading your posts! Hope this tip helps with your husband's shirts...grease stains can be so difficult!

    We were just talking about this very thing this morning as a family...we were reading in John 4 where the Lord tells us that some will reap and some will sow, but all will get to share in the benefits of this...and it led us to the conversation of how so many are just left to "grow" on their own...and it never happens! How we all need to be encouragers to one another...lifting each other up...praying for each other...being a witness with the lives that we lead. Thank you for sharing this thought!

    Hope you have a blessed week,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad to know about the baby powder. That may come in handy some day. I once ruined my favorite dress with ham grease. UGH!

    Be blessed!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you found this little tip useful, Laura! Funny thing, I was working on baby items today...made a little bib and some booties!
      Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
      Hugs,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...