This is my change purse.
I've had it forever.
In fact, I believe that it actually
came over on the Mayflower
with the Pilgrims.
(Were zippers even invented back then?)
Anyway, as much as I love
this little purse...
I really felt as though
my "change"
needed a change!
So...
I went to my little scrap stash...
and picked out some material.
Then I machine quilted it...
By the way,
If you've never used freezer paper
to machine quilt...
It works really well!
A bit of Velcro...
A little seam serging...
And...
A new change purse!
It is amazing sometimes
What a little "change" can do
for someone's life...
Take a look at Zaccheus...
Jesus challenged this greedy tax collector
to change his life...
and Zaccheus accepted the challenge...
We read in Luke 19: 1-9
how that one encounter with our Lord
change Zacchaeus' whole lifestyle...
When Jesus called Zacchaeus to follow Him...
Zacchaeus had a choice...
He could have chosen to remain as he was...
A greedy despised chief tax collector...
Not really a change at all.
Or...
He could have made a few small changes
in his life...
He could have decided not to harass widows with children
or to assess property more fairly...
so that the townspeople might find favor with him.
But would this be enough for our Saviour?
Or...
He could have opted for a total transformation...
Which he did.
"And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord:
Then I machine quilted it...
By the way,
If you've never used freezer paper
to machine quilt...
It works really well!
![]() |
| Just draw your design...iron it on...stitch...and peel off! |
A bit of Velcro...
A little seam serging...
And...
![]() |
| I just had to add the cute little pink decorative button! |
It is amazing sometimes
What a little "change" can do
for someone's life...
Take a look at Zaccheus...
Jesus challenged this greedy tax collector
to change his life...
and Zaccheus accepted the challenge...
We read in Luke 19: 1-9
how that one encounter with our Lord
change Zacchaeus' whole lifestyle...
When Jesus called Zacchaeus to follow Him...
Zacchaeus had a choice...
He could have chosen to remain as he was...
A greedy despised chief tax collector...
Not really a change at all.
Or...
He could have made a few small changes
in his life...
He could have decided not to harass widows with children
or to assess property more fairly...
so that the townspeople might find favor with him.
But would this be enough for our Saviour?
Or...
He could have opted for a total transformation...
Which he did.
"And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord:
Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor;
and if I have taken any thing
from any man by false accusation,
I restore him fourfold"
Luke 19:8
Zacchaeus knew that only a complete transformation
I restore him fourfold"
Luke 19:8
Zacchaeus knew that only a complete transformation
of his mind, his heart, and his actions
was acceptable in the eyes of God.
"And Jesus said unto him,
This day is salvation come to this house,
"And Jesus said unto him,
This day is salvation come to this house,
forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.
For the Son of man is come
to seek and to save that which is lost."






That is really a sweet little purse. It is so nice to be able make things like that for yourself-that makes them soo personalized. Also that idea of using the freezer paper is really neat. We will have to try that sometime.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this incident from the scriptures. It is always a pleasure to read your blog and see how you relate everything in life to the Bible.
Dear Miss Christianna,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by! The freezer paper idea for quilting works so well...it is really fun to try different designs with machine quilting!
Thank you also for your encouraging comments about my blog posts. I'm so glad that you enjoy them!
Have a blessed evening,
Mrs. Laura
How perfect how Our Lord continues to show us through His Word, how He, and only He can change lives!
ReplyDeleteYour purse is absolutely darling...The old one was the same as mine...but mine broke and it was discarded :( Time to make a new one :)
Blessings dear friend,
Maria.
Dear Maria,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by this evening! I do love this little purse pattern...and it is so simple! I'm going to try a bigger version for coupons and such.
Have a blessed weekend,
Laura
How cute! love the colors of your new coin purse! I am going through a "change" now. Thankfully, God is the one leading me and directing my feet! :o)
ReplyDeleteDear Nabila Grace,
ReplyDeleteI'm always so happy when you stop by. Thank you for your sweet comment about my new little change purse...I, too, love the colors! It was made from some scraps left over from a quilt I made...so pretty.
I will be praying for you as God leads you through this "change", my dear!
Blessings,
Laura