I am always thankful for our woodstove...
And for the wood provided to heat our home...
But never more than on days like today.
You see, the thermometer may read
0 degrees in the sun,
But with the wind chill factor...
It is 20 degrees below zero.
So, what a blessing it was
to be sitting at the table
enjoying a cup of tea,
the warmth of the fire,
and a warm snickerdoodle or two...
When I noticed...
out of the corner of my eye...
some movement out in the driveway.
At the time,
I thought I was alone.
My sons had run down in the truck
to Gram and Gramp's
to deliver a few things...
But now,
I could see that they had returned
And were loading up the truck
With firewood from our pile.
For you see,
They had noticed that Gram and Gramp's
woodpile was getting low...
"Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out..."
Proverbs 26:20a


Stopping by to see Christian Love in action dear friend! How wonderful that you have been blessed with an abundant supply of wood for your fire. Here in the mountains, our temperatures are as low as yours...we have only gone to 12 degrees so far.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing Laura...M.
What precious servants for the Lord you are raising! And amen on being inside with temperatures like that. I thought *we* were cold here in Chicago!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Christine
Dear Maria,
ReplyDeleteAlways so nice when you stop in for a visit! We are blessed to live in the woods...and with so many blow-downs each year...we seem to have ample supply of wood...more than enough to share! We also have a wonderful transfer station in town (aka "town dump!") that has a firewood pile...free for the taking! Many people who don't have wood stoves bring their blow-downs to the wood pile. So this is another source for us as well.
Have a blessed evening, my friend!
Laura
Dear Christine,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear from you again! I can't imagine living in the "windy city!" Every time it gets windy here...it seems as though we lose our power! We have had a few days of zero and sub zero temps...but this is not the "norm" for us. Usually winters are in the 20s or so.
Thank you for your sweet comment about my sons. They just love their grandparents so much...they constantly watch out for them. My parents are so sweet...you wouldn't believe that they are quickly approaching 90! They are still so active and full of fun!
Stay inside and stay warm!
Laura
That was so thoughtful of them. It has been pretty cold here as well, however today was very! cold. This morning when we checked the thermometer, it displayed 0, and we realized it doesn't have a capability to read negative numbers. According to the internet the correct reading was -14 at around 7:00am. Due to the extreme cold, some of our pipes have frozen. Thankfully we also have a wood stove to keep the house warm. Hope you have a wonderful week.
ReplyDeleteGood Morning Miss Christianna,
ReplyDeleteOh, dear, I'm sorry to hear that your have frozen pipes...that is definitely not something you want to deal with in subzero weather! When we spoke with my brother in Concord yesterday he said that you all were experiencing -25 degree temps. with the wind chill factor and all. Toooooo coldddd! We actually lost our power for about a half hour last night...we have no idea why...but we were concerned for those without wood stoves. Thankfully, it was only out for a short time!
Looks as though today is going to be much warmer...up in the 20s!
Have a blessed day,
Mrs. Laura
Brr! It’s just a little cold up there, Mrs. Laura! (shivers) How thankful you must be for the wood for your stove, and what a blessing for your parents to be so thoughtfully cared for. I hope it warms up soon for you! It ended up being warmer here the past several days than what had been forecasted, and while it’s still in the low teens at night, it’s warming to near 32 degrees during the day! It almost feels warm out. :)
ReplyDeleteHope you have a wonderful day!
How sweet...It is such a blessing when your children see you need help..and do it. I can't even imagine all that snow! Laura, I'm so sad that I had lost track of you somehow. I'm sure I've missed too many posts and I so love saying Hello!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you left that comment today. It really blessed me. I hope I didn't sound too discouraged as I wasn't sad today...of course last week! Yipes!
xo
Donna
PS. I would so love it if you would link up today's post to my tea party. I'd love for you to have some visitors...I know they would enjoy reading your uplifting posts. :o)
Good Morning, Miss Sarah, and thank you for your sweet comment. It is much warmer today, thank you, although it is snowing quite steadily right now (totally unexpected!). We are expecting another big storm Thursday...glad to hear it's a bit warmer over your way...what a winter!
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day!
Mrs. Laura
Good Morning Donna!
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear from you again...I know how busy you are all the time...so I'm especially grateful that you had a moment to stop by...and that things are looking up for you. I'm not really very familiar with the whole "link up" process...I'll have to stop by and look into it!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Laura
What a good job you have done with your sweet boys~~don't tell them I called them sweet!
ReplyDeleteHave a warm and cozy day!
So nice to have you stop by, Carrie, and thank you for your "sweet" comment! Don't worry...they are used to being called "sweet"...I do it all the time!
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day,
Laura
Hi, Laura~
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by to visit. I always enjoy hearing from you. I liked that story too. It has a good lesson in it. :)
It's very cold at your house! It was 11º at our house yesterday morning...brrr! I would love to have a wood stove. The heat is so warm. Our heat pump just can't keep up on these really cold days. We have little space heaters that help when it's really cold.
I am so glad your sons take such good care of their grandparents! What a blessing they are to your family! You're doing a wonderful job with them. :)
I hope you're having a great week.♥
Hello Melanie!
ReplyDeleteAlways so nice when you stop by...and yes, it is brrrrrrrr cold! Although, this morning we thought we were having a heat wave...it got up to 20 degrees! Then, of course, it started snowing again! They said "just a dusting"...but Samuel is out plowing that "dusting" as I write this! What a crazy winter we are having!
We do love our wood stove...and feel so blessed to have it! Last night we lost power for about half an hour...but at sub zero temperatures we were nervous about those without wood stoves.
Hope you're having a great week as well.
Laura
It is a wonderful thing to have a woodburning stove ,when I was a girl we also had one in our cabin in the woods and my mom would light it early in the morning to make coffee and make a hot breadfast such wonderfull memories you brought me, I is surly a blessing to have such a close knit family in such times ,the son helping out the grandparents in need of wood for the fire to keep warm for it is terribly cold there ,you must stay in all day , have a blessed day Laura ,and thanks for visiting my blog ,xoxo theodora
ReplyDeleteHello again Theodora!
ReplyDeleteSo nice to have you stop by! We do love having the wood stove...so cozy and warm...but we do like to get outside in the fresh air and snow as well! Do you ever get snow?
You have been so busy sewing...I just love seeing all the projects you are working on. I think it would be such fun to visit your shop!
Have a blessed day,
Laura